· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

Default SMB 29g Jungle Ruins Community Tank

4 Not allowed!
    I was lucky enough to find and purchase a 29 gallon tank with a (rusty) metal stand for only $10 from Craigslist.

uploadfromtaptalk1406221913831.jpg

Luckily the tank holds water!

uploadfromtaptalk1406221941027.jpg

My plan is to set up the 29 with a jungle ruins theme using aquarium decor and plantings.

As I am also in the progress of setting up a 40 gallon breeder aquarium for cichlids, this journal will probably be slow moving.

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    The stand:

uploadfromtaptalk1406222282171.jpg

So far the stand has been cleaned, scraped and scrubbed:

uploadfromtaptalk1406222310972.jpg

And sprayed with rust sealant / primer:

uploadfromtaptalk1406222332772.jpg

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    Yay, a new journal. Stand is looking good! I love my dual 29s. They are a really nice size tank and a snap to maintain. After doing PWCs on my 75 gal, the 29 gal was like, "what, I'm done already?".
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! I had a 29 setup a few years ago, but hadn't done my research so it didn't do well. I plan on making this one work.

I forgot to add in the intro that this will be used as a dual stand with the 29 on top and a 10 on the bottom shelf - probably for QT and some plants.

2 Not allowed!
    Know what is great about that stand... eventually it can fit a second 29g tank below it :)

But I'm pumped based on the scape you have in mind here

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Know what is great about that stand... eventually it can fit a second 29g tank below it :)

But I'm pumped based on the scape you have in mind here
    Thank you! The hubs doesn't think a 29 will fit on the bottom and I am letting him think that for now. We came to an agreement that I have a 3 tank limit. But tanks come in all sizes... :-)
    I am excited about this build too and appreciate all the helpful plant advice and suggestions you have given me!

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    A 20 long (same footprint as a 29, but shorter in height by 6") will also fit on that stand. It is also a really nice size tank to stock.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    A 20 long (same footprint as a 29, but shorter in height by 6") will also fit on that stand. It is also a really nice size tank to stock.
    I was originally planning on buying a 20 long for the top if it turned out that the 29 was leaky. A 37 also has the same footprint, but is 22" in height, so 4" taller than a 29.

I may eventually work up to having the 29 on the bottom and a 37 on the top. Or maybe just two 29, depending on how high the one on top sits. But that will be a ways down the road for sure. At any rate it's good to have options. :-)

1 Not allowed!
    10 bucks, good deal!

I like the jungle ruins thought too....will be cool to see
    20gal long planted community

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    10 bucks, good deal!

I like the jungle ruins thought too....will be cool to see
    I had begun the jungle ruins with my 40, but then took it all apart to turn the 40 into a cichlid tank. Starting over with the 29 with a better idea now of what I want the end product to look like. I have plans to order one or three more pieces of decor, put in dark substrate and lots of plants so they can be represent the jungle. It will mostly be modeled after the ruins at Angkor Wat in Cambodia. There are several aquarium ornaments available that are mini replicas of the ruins there. The way the trees have grown over and around the temples is fascinating and has a unique beauty and peacefulness, imo.