· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lost the dalmatian molly she was dead when I came to check the water again, The numbers are 0/0/20-40 I don't know what happened. I fed the remaining fish a little food. The water feels cool to me but the temperature says 84. I read somewhere that the temp for mollies and platys range from 75-85. The Ph was 6

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Large water change to get the trates down...what's the tap ph?

I'd lower the water to 82 at most, maybe even lower...higher temps deplete oxygen...do you have an airstone?...if so, get it going
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Should I treat the bucket water or whole tank with 1ml of prime? the tap ph is 7.2 and I do no have an air stone I have a bubble wand and it is on.

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    When using buckets, treat for the bucket amount...1 ml treats 10 gallons, so you'll have to measure how much bucket amount you'll be removing and replacing

When using a siphon hose, like a Python, treat for the whole tank

Bubble wand is fine, anything to get agitation at the surface for gas exchange

2 Not allowed!
    Hi kailwidow, I am sorry you've lost your dalmation molly. Mollies do require a little bit of aq salt to be healthy, not sure if you already knew that or not.

Slap gives excellent advice.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I too am sorry for your loss

7. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks. I hate losing fish and I am feeling anxious I don't want to lose anymore. Ok the bucket is about 3 gallons but I don't have anything to measure for 1/3 ml. I wasn't aware when I bought the fish but I was reading the livebearer page today after the dalmatian died so I know now, I have one molly left, should I get some aq salt for the water and will this hurt the platys? Yes Slap gives excellent advice, helped me through my cycle.
    Last edited by kailwidow1116; 08-27-2014 at 06:02 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    1/3 ml -- are you referring to measuring the right dose of Prime? I picked up a little glass dropper and counted how many drops it was to the first line of the Prime cap, then divided that to get a drops-per-gallon measurement. I add those drops directly to my bucket of fresh water when doing a PWC.

As far as salt and Platys, I have read that while Platys do not require it, it does not harm them either. Don't just take my word for it, though: do some searches. Your Molly -- again, from what I've read only (I do not have personal experience with Mollies) -- needs some salt.

Also, I'm late in this but: Welcome to the AC! Glad you've found the place. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Good advice from Rivers, though I'd be hesitant to add salt; it is not required if they are living in the right environment

Here's some info: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/livebearer/mollies.php

1 Not allowed!
    Slap has waaaaay more experience in this hobby than I, please do listen to his advice.

When researching the possibility of adding a Molly into my own tank, I found this site interesting: http://www.molly-fish.com/