· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    What's up with the new hatchets, Rob?...they are indeed silvers (G. Levis) and not Gasteropelecus sternicla, the common hatchet fish?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I feel your pain. Been there. Done that. Praying I don't do it again any time soon.

Congrats on the hatchets!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

1 Not allowed!
    Lol.. sounds like an interesting day indeed! Congrats on the new hatchets! Pics soon, right?
    DM's 20g high - journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Rob, I think we all have that T-shirt. congrats on the new fish
    29 Gal: 1 Blue Dwarf Gourami, 6 Brilliant Rasbora
    10 Gal: just sitting here empty looking lonely
    5.5 Gal Betta and Ivory Snail

55 Gal empty waiting to be set up.

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    Oh yah compass. You just wanted to feed the fish by hand. Imo you knew there be catfish for grubbing in the pond. But your timing was off.
    Yeah yeah, lol at least the gar wasn't the one who decided to bite me. lol Whole bunch of nice happy koi, and then the catfish (well two catfish) and a gar. Fun mix there. Maybe that was it, I was too busy watching for the gar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Why don't you guys run the dang 'ole hose out the door (or window) and into a flower bed or something??
    lol I am working on that. I acquired a 300 gallon barrel for holding rain water and tank water. Just figuring out how to set it up properly to use. You asked about my siphon, it's just a regular old siphon. Though for this particular tank it normally works just fine. I've looked into those pythons but I don't have the right faucet end to hook into.
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Remember bad thinks happen in three's..............LOL!

I hope the LFS at least gave you a discount?
    Oh god, don't say that Lee.... :( As for the LFS, I didn't exactly tell them, I felt pretty dumb and I don't know if they'd be too happy knowing I was sticking my hands in the water. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    What's up with the new hatchets, Rob?...they are indeed silvers (G. Levis) and not Gasteropelecus sternicla, the common hatchet fish?
    I'm 95% sure they are silvers. Fingers crossed on that. Got them in QT and they are quite active right now. Wrapped the tank in black paper since I don't have anything in the tank to provide them cover. Figured that would help them out. I've got a few pics for you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I feel your pain. Been there. Done that. Praying I don't do it again any time soon.

Congrats on the hatchets!
    Noodled catfish? lol I guess you mean water changes. :P Thanks for hte congratulations. :)
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

1 Not allowed!
    When Inwas in houston in june one lfs had a pond inside. Sine said dont feed fish. But nothing about putting hand over the water. Well when oscars and catfish start putting the head above the water surface. Himmmm not a good idea to leave hand there. Nice sized fish in pond.
    Congrats on hatchets.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    My handy work. You can see the far right where I added more sand back into the tank. The rest... eh.. I'll siphon what I can next time and leave the rest. Too much of a hassle adding sand back into the tank to cover it. Plus I was hoping these plants would fill in and you would hardly see the sand anyway. Check out that parva in the front, been in only a month and already starting to send runners.
    Total_Mess.JPG

Awards Showcase

Tank looks great, congrats! - Slaphppy7 Here's to a safe delivery!! - steeler58 Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 
    It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 
    Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Oh I followed that up today. Learned how to noodle by accident. Went to my LFS and they have this massive koi pond. You can put 25 in the machine and get food for them. So the wife wanted to feed them and we got some. I got the bright idea to hand feed the koi as I've done it before with other koi. It's going great, then a catfish materializes from the bottom and bites down on my fingers. Now I've got bandaids all over my fingers. lol Not a good few days to be me. Got my hatchetfish though! :D
    Good lord, you have a had a rough couple days...that means something really cool is gonna happen....dont know if it'll happen to you, but it'll happen..

Congrats on the new fish!!

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    LOL SeaLady! Well if not me, I hope it happens to someone on the forum who's having a rough time of it then!

I must say though, it was a cool learning experience. I'm sitting here looking at the bite marks. It was like a quarter of an inch think line of teeth. They felt like a very VERY stiff brush. Interesting sensation if nothing else. Who says this hobby isn't full of danger and excitement! lol

Awards Showcase

Tank looks great, congrats! - Slaphppy7 Here's to a safe delivery!! - steeler58 Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 
    It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 
    Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    do you need to get a rabies shot?