· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Fish are acting funny

0 Not allowed!
    My fish are acting funny. They have stop swiming I don't know why this is going on they just sit at the bottom can u guys help?

0 Not allowed!
    Test your water parameters and let us know what they are (including the temp)
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What fish are they and when did you purchase them? It could be normal for the fish you have. Any other additional information would help as well.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    To add to cliffs request can u please test ur tap water for ammonia nitrates and ph too?
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also agree. We need to know your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings. How large is your tank? what do you use for filtration? What's the Temp? How long has the tank been set up? Did you cycle the tank before you added fish? How many fish and what kind? How often do you make water changes and how much water do you change out?

Answers to all of these questions well help up help you determine if there is a problem and what might be causing it.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I did all the test and they all came out good. It all most looks like they have ick. But I never new ick to make them all go to the bottom of the tank and just lay there. I am treating them for ick do u have any idea on how long it takes to get rid of ick ? I have not had ick for at least 10 years. And are u sapose to do water changes with it.

0 Not allowed!
    What are the exact water parameters ?

Also, how are you treating the ick ?

Sorry to be asking even more questions, but the answers to both will help to give you some better suggestions
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

1 Not allowed!
    can you post the numbers of the test results please. how are you treating the ick? some of the meds are just as dangerous as the ick its self. the best way IMO is heath and salt...

ninja'd by cliff....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 55 gal with2 Nicaraguan 2 rainbows and a red hump eartheater. Filter is a canister type I do a weekly water change or at least I try to my nics are 5 inches my red is 4 and rainbows are 4 inches. I don't have the test I did bring it in to my fish store world of fish. They said every thing is perfect. But to think of it I had a big storm one night and we had water in our lower lvl house. I had to take all my fish out to get new carpet then put them all back . But that was 4 weeks ago and it seems that the ick. Is getting worse or a fungus on them I can't tell. More less its ick the way they are rubbing on the rocks. Sorry for no test rezults.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's still very difficult for us to tell what's going on with such vague information.
    Did your filter media dry out when your took the fish out of the tank? Or did you throw out your filter media and start over with new? If so that could explain some of the problem

As for it being ich: If your fish have tiny little salt like white dots, most likely it is ich. There is a section here on the forum entitled: fish diseases. Please take a look at that and specifically read the ich information. If you still feel you're dealing with ich after reading it, use one of the methods suggested to treat it. But still, feel free to ask questions.

If it's not ich, it could be fungual. Best cure for that: frequent large water changes to keep the water clean.

If you could snap some photos and post them, that would also help.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492