· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default thinking of redoing my 10g almost completely...

0 Not allowed!
    When i get my led lights working 100% i think i going to redo the stocking seriously.... I knkw 10g is small for a few of these... But it SEEMS do-able to me. Heres the 2 that i KNOW work. 6 harliquin rasboras and my albino bn pleco. Now here comes the trouble. I want to throw a single ram into the mix... I want to make a few different caves and looky holes to seperate the pleco and ram... If all hell breaks loose as i know rams can be just like bettas i have my 55g im sure my pleco would be fine in... Or i have some temp homes i can easly set up. Eventualy id love to upgrade them to a 20g high and just up the rasboras.

Note: im shooting for large bioload since im going to have it planted nicely with cryps, anubias, maybe a fern, some moss.... Maybe others i might have laying about. Either way im actually looking to do a walstead ish set up. But im going to be using a filter and might lightly dose ferts.

Filter is an ac 30 but i have a 50 i think laying around... I know i have another 30 at the very least. But im counting on my plants as a filter as well....

Think im nuts yet?
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I personally think the Ram would do better alone so I would put the BNP in the 55g.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I personally think the Ram would do better alone so I would put the BNP in the 55g.
    Agreed i think the pleco and harleys will do fine in your 10 gallon

0 Not allowed!
    I would most definitely move the pleco into an appropriate tank - the 55.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

1 Not allowed!
    wow im surprised that im not getting any one saying this wont do at all... my bn seems at home in the 10g but i get every ones concerns about it... i have a few weeks to decide for sure what going to happen so ill have more time to think it threw i might just hand off the pleco to my mom's BF when i set his 55g low tech low light fantastic fun time tank... wow that might be a name for a journal XD

if i ditch my pleco tho i NEED more rasboras to fill in the bio load hole... ik a pair of GBRs wont work in this tank so thats out completely...
    Last edited by genocidex; 07-14-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    Why not get a clown pleco for the tank? Not to discourage you from adding to a school :-)
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    i would think the BN would be a much better choice than the clown... dont the clowns get almost 5"? the BN i have im certain is a female and is allready 3.5"-4" i believe she is full grown lol
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    No clowns stay smaller than BN plecos. I have a female BN who is the size of yours and is full grown as well. I can understand your thinking on the matter, though I still think the 10 is too small.

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    i will defiantly look into them then. thanks for the input. going to be a cool tank when all is said and done :P
    gotta love them bunnies!

1 Not allowed!
    my vote would be a larger school of harley's, a single ram and maybe a few otos