· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: algae ID

Awards Showcase

Tank looks great, congrats! - Slaphppy7 Here's to a safe delivery!! - steeler58 Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 
    It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 
    Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

Default algae ID

0 Not allowed!
    I've been checking around and haven't made a positive id, yet. its been here for a while now and I've only recently noted that it is on another spot on the manzanita....

http://youtu.be/

cripes, its not showing up well, I'll try another pic later....its on the underside of manzanita, is gray and wavy....

0 Not allowed!
    Almost looks like black brush algae to me

The below link might be helpful

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=24570
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Tank looks great, congrats! - Slaphppy7 Here's to a safe delivery!! - steeler58 Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 
    It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 
    Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I've been reading all the articles I can find on BBA but I'm not convinced thats what it is. But I cut down on my lighting period a bit, I don't have Co2 so I'm not sure what to do on that account...Its been like that for at least a couple of months. No change, no increase. Recently I added liq ferts, as I had been out for a while. And now there is a small area growing on a different branch..

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Get a small syringe and fill it with hydrogen peroxide. Go into your tank and just blast the algae with it. It might take a while but eventually you'll notice it is gone. It won't hurt the fish. It just breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Could I do this at a WC? While the algae is out of the water? Hmmm, when you say small syringe, you mean a needle type syringe? One blast would be enough, you think? Thanks for the help, both of you..

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Well, SOMEone in the tank has started munching on that algae.....I want to identify him so I can buy MORE!...{chuckling...}...I swear everytime I think I've got a handle on this fishkeeping business, I get poked in the eye! hahaha

I guess I'll stop worrying about it now. Its food for somebody....maybe if i set up a camera...

1 Not allowed!
    A camera would be great fun! Set one up, yes.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; 9 Cherry Barb; 16 Neon Tetra; 22 Rummy-nose Tetra; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'm so sorry, I never did report back here about the algae. Its no longer a problem cuz my Nerite snail eats it alllllllll up....yay.....happened to catch him one morning, grazing along...

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It looked more like bacteria than an algae. It's usually something that clears up on it's own, usually a couple of months, I have something that looks similar on my driftwood, it seems to come and go. It's not dangerous to fish and you can just brush it off if it bothers you, but your nerite will certainly take care of that for you.
    I watch fish. Really. I just sit and stare.

Hardscaped 29G: 14 Harlequin Rasbora, 3 Diamond Tetra, 1 Bolivian Ram, 6 Peppered Cory, 1 Mystery Snail