· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aqua's New tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

this is well deserved, stop wasting people's time - Lab_Rat   No Message - korith   And here is a special aquatic gift just for you ... - mermaidwannabe   In the direction of anywhere else but here - smaug   

Default Aqua's New tank

0 Not allowed!
    My Betta boy Aqua's tank is finally finished. I was trying to go for a natural look but I kill plants so this is the best we could do lol. Next is a floating log because he likes sleeping at the top. I am still trying to clean out sand ... I am use to gravel ...

Its a 5 gallon, running a sponge filter with the outflow towards the wall and a 25 watt hydor theo with the temp at 80.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good but hornwort, and moneywort are great starter plants oh and marimo moss balls are also great beginner plants
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

this is well deserved, stop wasting people's time - Lab_Rat   No Message - korith   And here is a special aquatic gift just for you ... - mermaidwannabe   In the direction of anywhere else but here - smaug   

1 Not allowed!
    I have killed them all ... Well except Marimo ... I do plan to get him a ball, I even killed anacharis , Java Fern, Java moss lol ... I cant do plants. I have two anubias that .. are apparently invulnerable that will be moved in next time i clean my turtle tank and can remove them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I did that in the beggining, what lights do you have? You could try floating them insted of plants that may have something to do with it, if you want a really cool cave get a small terra cota pot and burry half in sub or cut in half with a dremel and place both in just make sure they aren't glazed. A coolbottom dweller would be ghost OR rcs but definetly get a marimo if you get some. P.S. rcs breed like rabbits so u could make some profit with them

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I dont use lights ... which is why I decided to not bother with plants in any of my tanks anymore.

I did float the plants lol.

he has a terra cotta pot somewhere ... Just not sure where I put it.

You have never seen my other tanks have you? I have a history of always using Terra cotta pots. Including in my turtle tank lol.

I am happy and so is he so thats whats important.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Way to go on starting the cycle! - Compass   Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the cycle and new fish! - Compass   Here is one you can see. - mommy1   You need another fish! - Compass   

0 Not allowed!
    I like it! I switched my Betta from just rock to sand+rock and I think he likes it even more.
    I have crossed over to the dark side with sand and love it. It is much more natural that just a dyed-rock bottom. A mystery snail or two would be cool.
    55 Gallon: Bluegill
    29 Gallon: Pearl Gourami, Brilliant Rasbora, Bristle Nose
    10 Gallon: Betta, Clown Pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    He has a Cana snail ... Look close in the plants in the second pic. :)

I plan to switch to a fine natural gravel for easier cleaning, Assuming I can find some locally.

Betta's are SOO addicting, I want to get another sorority up and running.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   thank you for the stocking suggestion - showmebutterfly   TGIF! (non-alcoholic for you!) - showmebutterfly   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I never thought you can kill any of those plants
    My suggestion dont put the lights on 24/7 it can kill those plants

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh ok I never really look at journals don't know why but just don't, oh ok well try duckweed or water meal that should grow, why don't you use lights?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    because a lot of reasons ... I am not spending a ton of money on lights, or on plants, plus this tank is not standard and bettas jump so any light but this doesnt work.

Why do I NEED to try plants?