· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Im pretty sure Green would have sucked anyway :P
    looking good man

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Can't ID it, but really like that flounder! That is an interesting fish. Since you are going low light/tech and you asked for suggestions..... I guess I'm going to do what I do best. Cyptocorynes!!! You know you want them!
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    DSC_0171.JPG

well i used some gravel i had lying around and capped a 1' layer of dirt , i usually use sand but i'm all out ......... the gravel looks really tacky ....... either i remove it or i hope that whatever i use as a carpet can kindah hide it , still haven't organised the lighting but i should get something over the nxt few days but i did plant some ludwigia repens and hygro augustifolia in the only corner that gets a few hours of sunlight in the evening ..................

yea compass crypts for sure i have one albida plant in another 50 gal and i can get some other species around .... i think aeon has wendetii i might ask him for a plant or two , how long would the albida take to send runners i mean it would vary alot from tank to tank but, i just planted it so it has to meltback and whatnot before it gets fully established so i'm guessing a few months

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Haven't had that one but I have planted three kinds of Crypts in a dirted tank here recently and I've already seen runners out of the C. parva and it has been two weeks. That is including melting stage. I am beyond impressed with how they have done.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i love parva i'm trying to get a mat going in another tank i hav it's doing well but i recently noticed some bba on a few leaves i usually hit em with peroxide and it's good as new , they grow a bit faster than the other cryps imo

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    oh and my parva didnt melt after i planted it it was just dormant for a few weeks which is very un-crypt like lol

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    finally found some reflectors for lighting :) gonna hook it up tomoorrow no other significant changes in the tank , still with the gravel cap .... i think i can live with it
    DSC_0223.JPG

0 Not allowed!
    I've used those before

They work great, good choice
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Newbi question but how do reflectors help??

0 Not allowed!
    Reflectors will take the light that will otherwise will go off to the sides or up above the light bulb, and redirect it downward which will intensify the lighting.

The below link is a very techy explanation of it

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/5/equipment
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]