· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Gallon Long

1. Default 20 Gallon Long

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 20 gallon long with two glow light tetra and dense artificial plants. I would like to have a community with the following fish:

Glowlight tetra
    Dawrf Neon Rainbows or American Flagfish or both
    Cory Cats
    maybe some bumble bee gobies

My question is are all of these compatible and if so how many of each should i get?

Thank You

0 Not allowed!
    I would add four or five more glowlight tetras. You could add 6 to 8 corys easily. The other fish i dont know about to give you good advise. Also how much or what kind of filtration do you have? And how long has tank been running? Answers to those question will help us give you ideas.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank has been set up for two years. I lost my last female from my betta sorority. I was doing maintenance the other day when my power filter suddenly died. So I now have a aqua clear 50 200 gal/hr.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Bumble bee gobies need brackish water, so they won't work for your tank, and I second upping the number of glowlights. Make that number at least 6 so they can school comfortably. Same with cories, you could happily house a school of 6, but I would look at the smaller species, or even the Pygmy species. You could do a school of probably about 10-12 of those.

I am not familiar with the other species' care, however.
    Last edited by tlriot; 07-07-2014 at 09:28 AM.
    2.5g Freshwater
    Anubias, crypt., Java fern
    Giger, blue male crown tail betta

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    uploadfromtaptalk1404776460608.jpg

It says full grown size is 3inches I don't know if thats too big and if not how many to get. They are called Praecox Rainbows or Dawrf Rainbows.

I'm thinking maybe:

7 Glowlight Tetra
    6 Cory Cats
    4-5 Preacox Rainbows

Thanks for your help so far. :-)
    Last edited by Kuroshio; 07-07-2014 at 11:54 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    I would not do any type of rainbow other than maybe furcata in a 20g.. I think praecox would be borderline comfortable in a 20g but would prefer a breeder style tank of a 4' long tank

Otherwise I'd up the Cory's a little

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    I would not do any type of rainbow other than maybe furcata in a 20g.. I think praecox would be borderline comfortable in a 20g but would prefer a breeder style tank of a 4' long tank

Otherwise I'd up the Cory's a little
    Ok will this stock be ok?

7 Glow light
    8 Cory cats
    5 American Flagfish

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    Should be, not sure about any aggression the Flagfish might have. May be none, I've just never kept them. You do want a healthy amount of algae for your Flagfish though. They like to peck around at it and will not be in the best of healthy if there is none. If your tank is very clean there is no reason to purposefully grow algae (unless you want to). Take a shallow bowl, fill it with water and leave it outside in the sun. Take several smooth river stones and place in the bowl. After a while they will be covered with algae. Put one stone in the tank until the Flags eat it all. Then just replace it with one of your other rocks.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks. I ended up with 2 Odessa Barbs and 8 Glowlights.

I will get some Cory cats in a couple weeks.

uploadfromtaptalk1405296794708.jpg

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Umm before you get more fish I would get some live plants because they are better for your tank some easy ones are hornwort, moneywort, marimo moss ball, aponogeton bulbs, all above I have in my tank personaly and are fine under flourescent and were fine under incadescent but didn't grow as fast but didn't die or anything
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.