· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    I bought some lovely almost neon orange lillies the other day...I put the pot on my deck as I didn't have time to plant them right away - next morning all the flowers and buds were gone - either a deer or bunny nipped all the tops off. Deer also ate all the new shoots on my recently planted $75 dollar mulberry trees planted not ten feet from my front door. Not impressed. Oddly enough they are not bothering my peas or asparagus plants - guess they don't like veggies either.
    Too many deer here and no hunting to keep the numbers down. They sure look scraggly come spring after a winter of scant graze. From a boat offshore, you can see deer browse mark like a high water mark all along shore - all the undergrowth has been destroyed/eaten by overwintering deer.
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    U should get a 22 rifle and a sniper scope to solve your problems

1 Not allowed!
    the thought has occurred to me, but its pretty well populated around here. And if I did go that route, I surely wouldn't need a scope - I've had to chase deer off the property and they don't scoot til i get within 30-40 of them. I could pop them from the deck if I wanted.

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    My deer are like your deer...they're so used to me yelling at them they just ignore me until I pretend to chase them.

Now I am (carefully) chasing a large male skunk out of the yard when I see him...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, I'm happy I have porcupines instead of skunks I guess. I can chase them all I want so long as I don't get too close. Skunks, well, yah, you would have to be a tetch more careful!

I was kinda happy with finding a porcupine on the property - until I heard him chewing on my bunkie!

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    We have porkies too! I don't know which runs slower...it or the skunk...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    At least you can chase the one without worrying about long distance bombing ;)

8. Default

3 Not allowed!
    AL10, Ive pondered whether or not I should post this, but here's a story from my 'checkered past'. lol
    oh well I caught my wife with another man and it cost me ninety nine on a prison farm in Georgia close to the Florida line.
    oh well I'd been there for two long years, and I finally made the warden my friend. So he sentenced me to a life of ease taking care of ol' Red.
    Now ol' Red was the damnedest dog that I've ever seen. He had a nose that can smell a two day trail, he was a four legged tracking machine.
    You could consider yourself mighty lucky to get past the gators and the quicksand beds (sticks part). But all these years that I've been here ain't nobody got past Red.
    oh well I paid off the guard and I slipped out a letter to my cousin up in Tennessee. Oh and he brought down a blue tick hound and she was pretty as she could be. oh well they penned her up in the swampland 'bout a mile just south of the gate. And when I'd take Ol' Red for his evening run, I'd just drop him off and wait. oh now ol' Red got real used to seeing his lady every night. oh so I kept him away for three or four days and waited till the time got right. oh well I made my run with the evenin' sun and I smiled when I heard 'em let Red out because I was headed north to Tennessee and ol' Red was headed south.
    oh now there are red haired blue ticks all in the South because love got me in here and love got me out!

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    lol That's pretty good pRED.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHighlander View Post
    this should be under the category of what you think you'd never say as a parent but here it is when my son was little we had a cat puppet to help teach him to talk and when he got a little older we got a real cat and he must of thought she was the puppet because he lifted up her tail and tried shoving his hand up the cats butt like she was the puppet and me and my wife both had to yell at him " you dont shove your hand up the cats ass"
    ROFL, big time!!!!
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"