· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    How much live rock you need really depends on how big the set-up is, and the quality of the live rock. You can use the rule of thumb to get 1 lb per gallon. The below link will help you with being able to judge the quality of the live rock you are looking at

http://www.reefaquarium.com/2013/cur...ine-aquariums/

Keep in mind, you will have to pay a minumum of $100.00 in freight to get live rock form that site which is over and above the cost of buying aqua-cultured live rock. You can find enough good quality live rock for sale privately for a 40 to 55 gallon set-up for under $100, and you can visually inspect the rock to make sure it is good quality before you pay for it.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah but it also is shipped in full water and comes with a clean up crew so it is worth the money and it comes with some coral and sponges and starfish and such and is very good quality it is collected and taken the holding facility and then shipped to u in full water
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you ordered from them ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    No but I know someone who has and I have alked to people who has and seen vid and pics of people picking up and unpacking them

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Based on the videos and pictures this company has on there website, some of there rock looks pretty good, but a lot of it doesn't look very porous at all (more like base rock). My point is that you can not pick out the most porous rock for your package. You get the good with the not as good. Unfortunately, this is very typical for aquacultured rock. This is the biggest reason why I like to recommend people purchase live rock from other hobbyist. You get the benefits of not supporting the harvesting of live rock from the coral reefs while saving a a whole lot of money in the process (a fraction of the cost actually). The costs of marine aquariums seams to me to be the biggest reason why most people do not keep marine aquariums. Aquacultured rock and very high shipping costs don't help that

Once you have a marine aquarium of your own, and get a chance to see the effects of good quality and not so good quality live rock in a aquarium, you will see what I am trying to say here.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah that's the thing they mine underground anceient coral reefs that are dead they have been in dirt for a thousand years and they put the reef structure on a five acres ocean site they rent and let it sit there for 10 years and then they go and harvest bring some to a holding facility andthen ship to u, and if you are local you can go and pick it up at the holding facility I think not sure where you go but you can do it. Oh and I have seen aquariums with the rock and only the package from there in it they look better then your tank they have sponges, corals, fish, non pest anemones, shrimp, snails, sand of course, starfish, brittlestars, serpent stars, basicly everything

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that is the definition of aquacultured rock.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes I know that

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first bunny so cute XD.  cant stop it now - genocidex   oopppps lol....now you might have more than you thought - eltylT   

0 Not allowed!
    both of my saltwater fish died :-( i took down the sw tank and im going to stick with fw untill i have all the right equipment and the live rock and coral
    Hi my name is David and I'm a Sexaholic......... Sorry wrong meeting

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the fish

Sounds like you have a good plan tho. It will really help to ensure your long-term success on your next marine aquarium

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567