· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default nano shrimp tank?

0 Not allowed!
    Hello all so i have this small 3 gallon tank 18inch 6inch 6inch
    I had always thought about having a shrimp tank but something always came up.
    So i am going to start the tank in august but i like to plan ahead.
    i want to get about 10 cherry shrimp(best i can tell so far) and a sponge filter.
    as for plants will one with only java moss do? or should i add some anubias as well?
    Lighting is it req? and if so how much needed?
    substrate no clue(some say soil some say gravel some say both)
    and lastly feeding

Thanks in advance

Awards Showcase

A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx 
    Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I can't help you on the feeding but java moss alone would work just fine. Anything else added would be your preference. I would recommend a light, there are several small lights people use, either a desk lamp pointed at the tank or a fancier clip on light. Whatever you decide I would get florescent or LED. Not incandescent. Anything from 4-10 watts should do fine. I think the substrate depends on what you want to plant. If just java moss then I'd just get some nice looking gravel or even sand.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Compass
    Just one more thing though is it really necessary to cycle the tank?
    Many sites say that their bioload is so small that I can get by without cycling but is it true??

Awards Showcase

A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx 
    Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I can't answer that, but I would personally feel safer cycling it. You do have another tank set up, is there any biomedia or sponge you could take out of your filter and put in this tank to get your cycle going?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    no not really can i just stick the filter in my 20gal?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, put it in your 20 gallon and let it run for a week. It should be seeded enough for shrimp.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to that, I would get some river rockand tie java fernto it so they have something to get higher in the tank but u would need to do regular pruming of it, u could get like 5 rcs and let them breed and sellem.