· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So far the two in the tank are the veiled angel variety, I was thinking of getting a black one because I like how they look.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would get two of opposite gender so u have two pairs and they will breed
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    If the two angels you have now get along, I would leave it at that and build your stock around them. When you introduce a 3rd, there's a greater possibility of trouble, particularly if two of them should pair up. The 3rd one wouldn't stand a chance.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    When they start to pair (and/or reach maturity), you'll have some problems with aggression. I introduced a new angel into the tank while my others were still juveniles so they got along for the time being, but they bickered as they matured and didn't really work out. SueD has a good point. It mainly fell between the two females who were fighting over one male/their territory. I had to separate them, because it was getting hairy.
    Last edited by rebecca_finny; 07-05-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    "I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" -John Lennon

"Know that on the night of the Gala Event I shall raise my glass and whisper, 'Fortunato'". -Frederick Sinclair

gallery

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's why I said get two pairs
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How do I determine if the angels are male or female. I bought the tank from craigslist so the angels came with it. They are healthy but I am sure they are not juvies because of there size.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh that no clue I have never kept angels but I have researched them, I would ask rebecca finny she has a pair of angels that justlaid eggs

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_finny View Post
    When they start to pair (and/or reach maturity), you'll have some problems with aggression. I introduced a new angel into the tank while my others were still juveniles so they got along for the time being, but they bickered as they matured and didn't really work out. SueD has a good point. It mainly fell between the two females who were fighting over one male/their territory. I had to separate them, because it was getting hairy.
    Can you help me determine the sex of the angels?

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the late chime in. The idea of anelgs is cool. I used to have 5 in a 55gal with 3 schools of tetra at 10 each school and a trio of appisto's and a pair of blue rams. Still to this day one of my most proud tanks.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bojanbajicic727 View Post
    Can you help me determine the sex of the angels?
    Shoot a few pics. I would be more than happy to chime in on that too.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's