· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Assassin Explosion

1 Not allowed!
    I've had assassins breeding in this tank for about 2 years. I've moved some around as needed, saw empty shells from time to time, but generally they were always just there, mostly in the substrate. Just this past week they seem to have had a bit of a population explosion and they're crawling on the glass as well as along the substrate. so I thought I'd try to get a few pics. They're not great, but these are from different parts of the same tank just a few minutes ago. The white spots are olive nerite snail eggs and if you look closely in two of these, my juvie BNP makes an appearance.

Sorry for the large size (Matt).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 
    So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly 
    Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie 
    For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    WOW!

While scrolling left and right (which must be done when pics are the size of my car), I saw a lot of lil' assassins in that tank!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. you really do have an explosion. Do you have a LFS? They'd probably pay you good money for some of them. Or give you credit.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow Sue. Do you also have a lot snails they feed on? My experiences are that they slow down breeding when their foodsource is getting less.
    No Cory, No Glory !!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The weird part is I haven't had pest snails in this tank since I added just about 3-4 of these guys a few years ago.
    They've always been breeding, but slowly. I've had enough to move around to other tanks and saw them
    occasionally. But this was the largest amount I've ever seen at once. And the pictures don't really show
    the true numbers as I couldn't get any good shots of the back and other parts of the tank and there are some really,
    really tiny ones - they're actually pretty cute. And if you've read my responses in other threads, I get
    really creeped out about MTS, which these guys were no help with. But it's the one snail I can tolerate.

I might check with my LFS and see if they have any interest. I know they have carried them only sometimes.
    I actually got my original ones on-line as my LFS never had them back when I first got these. Might have to
    wait til some of them grow out a bit as there are some really small ones in there.
    Last edited by SueD; 07-02-2014 at 11:58 AM.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    And yes, I need some help on how to make my pictures smaller before I upload. I don't know what I'm
    doing here. These shots were uploaded from my IPhone. So how do I get them smaller?
    Give me the "Shrinking Pictures for Dummies" version.

Awards Showcase

got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 
    So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly 
    Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie 
    For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Matt. I'll read through this and try it sometime soon.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    I gave these links to another member here who also uses an iphone/ipad to post pictures. Hopefully you will also find them useful.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simp...327776379?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/batc...642338509?mt=8
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.