· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   heres your first angel - genocidex   Thanks for playing - mommy1   Here's a dollar for your SD...hope he's ok - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the treatment! - ~firefly~   

Default Advise needed from.....

0 Not allowed!
    this is the tank I want to house the Betta
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   heres your first angel - genocidex   Thanks for playing - mommy1   Here's a dollar for your SD...hope he's ok - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the treatment! - ~firefly~   

Default Advise needed from .......

0 Not allowed!
    the people I trust about what fish and how many I can keep in my 30gallon tank . It is semi-planted at this time with sand substrate , has a naturally looking cave made of large rocks . The one inhabitant that I want is a Betta that will be purchased soon . My real question is what could I keep with him if he chooses to get along with them? Floating plants I will have to order online because none of the fish stores in my area carry them for some reason I can't figure out unless its because of low or no demand. The tank is cycled and was home for Tiger Barbs and oto's . I've moved the TB's to one of my 55's and left the otos in . At this time there are only 2 but will up the number to what you think will be a good number if the Betta will get along with them . Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I need the suggestions to give me some more research to do . THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF TANK TO FOLLOW SHORTLY.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Get with this guy for your plants: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=116142

As for fish with a betta, any of the smaller tetras should be fine...maybe some danios or rasboras...just depends on what you like
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Year Award! - Plecos   Have a tetra for sticking around for onw year :) - steeler58   Happy 1 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7   Happy Anniversary! - Knightia   For taking in those pups! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    For tank mates, just don't do anything larger then the betta, nippy, or with similar fins (aka, guppies have similar fins so betta's wouldn't be too fond of them). Slap's suggestions are good ones! Harlequin Rasboras look great in a planted tank as do Cardinals. If this was my tank, I would probably do 12 Cardinals, 12 Harlequins, and a Betta of either a purple or blue, and if it was planted well enough, some red cherry shrimp.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The plants look terrible and you can't see them very well but they are there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the link and the suggested roomates . Will get back to researching now . Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great, really will after you add a background..

One favor, please?...can you ask the mods to combine the 2 threads you started with the same title?

I'm getting older, and can be confused more easily

Seriously, it would make things alot less confusing for others too, IMO, and you may get better answers and input
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you slap I am going to do that this morning . Thanks sgain

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I would also second the background. That will make things better. Also what kind of lights are you running? They seem to be rather low and you might do better getting some low light anubais and crypt plants.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

2 Not allowed!
    Umm just saying if that plant on the left is a bannana plant the roots have to be exposed
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"