· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My clowns

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    They look great! Thanks for sharing. If you look under the journals for Rob's Rapid River, you'll find my build for my hillstream tank. Right now I've got the plumbing done and the stand about done. Have you seen some of the articles on the web concerning the hillstream tank?

http://www.loaches.com/articles/a-river-runs-through-it

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...t.php?sid=5455
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've always been fascinated by their body design and the amount of current they require. I've looked into several PVC designs such as the one you're implementing. I hate the idea of how dirty the sponges are going to get though. I have been trying to imagine a drilled tank sump design that I could build to create the same one direction current but eliminate the visually displeasing sponges and frequent sponge maintenance required. Any input?

EDIT: I just read that Martin has been using those sponges since 2001. Incredible. I'm about to go to work, but it looks like I have 28pages of fourm reading to do. That will be very useful when I go to do my build.
    Last edited by James`; 06-30-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    A sump would be a great idea. For now I'm going with the tried and true method but have plans for another one in the future. I think that would do really nicely.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I just peaked into your rapid river post. I'm going to have to read that fully once I get back from work. It will be very useful to me

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'm just learning as I go. Any suggestions you might have for me don't be afraid to speak up. :)

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    As I'm sure you know, as I tell everyone at the store, read all about what you're doing (as you have done greatly). Weigh EVERYONEs opinion and make your decisions based off the collective information. Some people do their research trying to find an excuse to justify what they're doing. We both have read crazy things about people keeping discus in heavily planted tanks but never do water changes beyond evaporation addition for example. These are murderous things to fish, but somehow they get away with it. Judge everything as you read, but factor it into your decisions.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!

There's been some changes to the tank. Got another canister and added some more stuff.

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right.
    Really nice job of keeping 8 clown loaches. Like already pointed out, be prepared for when the day comes that they need a larger tank.