· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

Default Otocinclus vittatus

0 Not allowed!
    I am surprised to find that seriouslyfish.com has no information on these (?)...I'd like to learn about them, but haven't found very many useful links after searching
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

1 Not allowed!
    I am a little surprised as well. I don't recall ever not finding a profile I was looking for on Seriously fish, but I guess it's really sort of impossible for one site to have all the information you need. I'm sure you saw this in your search, but I am going to link it anyway just in case you missed it, or for someone else who may be interested http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...species_id=107 Planet Catfish is really the go to site for most things catfish anyway.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks mom, yes, Planet catfish is the second place I looked, as a matter of fact. Like you, this is the first time I have not found what I was looking for at seriouslyfish....the otos are very common, so it is really unusual for them to not have an article.

I have learned what they like to eat (algae, as well as sinking wafers and fresh veggies), the ph levels they thrive in (6-7.5), and the water temps (up to 79F)....I have not been able to find anything about how large a bioload in a shoal of 3 or 4 would be, however.

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Considering that I've seen quite a few tanks with good schools of these fish and nothing but good things to say about them, I would assume that their bioload isn't that bad. Not like getting 3 or 4 BNPs.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    The drawback to otos is usually how they are caught and handled....many, many of them die within days of being delivered to the LFS

I was (maybe) considering 3 or 4 for my overstocked 40B, I have PLENTY of algae and supplemental foods, but we shall see

I found an excellent read here: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebI...cinclusart.htm

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    Slap if you get some. buy the biggest one they have,I mean look for fat belly and long. the tiny one have a harder time imo. arm twisting time you can fit 4 to 6 in that shoe box. lol
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

2 Not allowed!
    That is Strange. I've had the experience that while tiny otos are fragile, the big ones(old adults?) are quite sensitive too. The "fat belly" isn't an absolute indicator of health either. The skinny ones are likely doomed, but those that have very bulged bellies, especially in the anterior region of the abdomen, also will fare poorly as they likely have some internal ailment.

My advice is to select for medium sized fish with either a flat belly or just a slight bulge that are active. The ones that are the dartiest and jerkiest are the ones most likely to make it.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the help, guys...now, about that bioload....(?)

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    Madagascariensis, I did not mean like fat albert fat. but looked like they ate some thing. the tiny ones are fragile i agree. Where Slap and I are the selection of otos can be slim to none. you just try to find the best looking ones.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Have you ever kept them, cm?...if so, where did you get them?