· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Beautiful Plecos

0 Not allowed!
    I was at my LFS just buying some more filter cartridges and saw some stunning plecos which made me slowly start losing my taste in the long finned busynose pleco. Now the plecos i saw(that i actually want) are kinda uncommon. The fisrt one I saw was the Tiger pleco , Then i saw a starry night pleco ( I love that white on it) plus I saw a candy striped pleco, oh I can't forget the rio negro pleco and clown pleco But i don't know which to get because I normally would go for The most uncommon but they are all pretty rare

2 Not allowed!
    Go for something you can house. Head over to planet catfish and start reading.

Also.. these fish are not for the "pH doesn't matter as long as it's stable" believers. These fish are affected by it and especially by water hardness.

Don't forget that if you do it right you will have a fish for 10-20 years

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    With that help i have narrow my search down to the Candy Stripe pleco (L015) and Iquitos tiger pleco (L226) now this is a really hard decision.

0 Not allowed!
    L226 is Panaqolus changae. That's one from a family that really does need wood to eat. Can be quite secretive fish but in a dimly lit with a lot of wood and some plant cover you will probably see more of it. Can be a tricky fish to get though Panaqolus maccus is a much more common import but it will show up in batches of these.

L015 is Peckoltia vittata. A much more common fish in the trade with usually an ample supply of captive bred fish available. Generally an easy and trouble free fish but very much a nocturnal fish. Do note that their colour can be quite varied due to environment and mood but also breeding. I've seen these where the lighter parts were a very pale store bought custard colour but also fish where the light parts were egg yolk yellow.

For the L226 there's not that much information but do check the other panaqolus sources as well, a lot of that applies. L015 is well documented.