· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Food options besides commercial?

0 Not allowed!
    I give my Betta live treats of mosquito larvae at least once a week..We have plenty with all the rain we get.
    Its fun to watch him go after the live bait and he seems to enjoy the treat....plus there are fewer mosqiutos trying to bite me while I'm gathering the cucumbers out my garden lol!

What are some options that I could use for Tetra and Rasbora. Would they like treats of mosquito larvae as well or is there some other natural food I could give them? Or is there something else I could dig around and find- whether it is live or some concoction that I can make in my kitchen?

1 Not allowed!
    Tetra and rasbora and mosquito larvae... oh dear... you never tried that? Well you're in for a treat.

Put them in, stand well back and watch a feeding frenzy that will put a great white shark to shame.

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    oh yeah, It'll be pure murder!! hahaha As long as you don't use a lot of pesticides around the house I hear flies are good too. For bigger fish I'd say earthworms and red worms. You also buy some live food, be it black worms, blood worms, and a few others.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    good to know! I'll just keep collecting more larvae. We have plenty in the bird bath.
    I love watching the frenzy for just the flakes. I can't wait to see them go after the real thing.
    Last edited by Fishhook; 06-25-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Have you looked at Dave66's thread on culturing live food? Interesting stuff there.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.