· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Way to go on starting the cycle! - Compass   Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the cycle and new fish! - Compass   Here is one you can see. - mommy1   You need another fish! - Compass   

0 Not allowed!
    I'd love to see more red come through on them.
    I'll try the ones you suggested.
    That red would pop with the contrast of black and white substrate.
    55 Gallon: Bluegill
    29 Gallon: Pearl Gourami, Brilliant Rasbora, Bristle Nose
    10 Gallon: Betta, Clown Pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

0 Not allowed!
    Fish rarely show their best colors at the store because they are usually pretty stressed. Your fish are showing stressed colors as well. Every serpae I have ever seen in my tanks, or other peoples tanks were colored up like the ones Trill posted. The only time I have ever seen them pale like the picture you showed and in your video is when they were stressed. You really should get a bigger tank and add to the groups or return the fish and buy some that are appropriate for a 10g.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Mine were also very pale at the shop. They colored up rather significantly in the first couple weeks in the tank. I was a bit concerned about buying them at the shop because I didn't think they were very vibrant. They are also rather active throughout the tank and only seem to hide out when I'm planting and doing that kind of maintenance.

If you'd like I can try to get a video later after I clean and plant the new plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Way to go on starting the cycle! - Compass   Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the cycle and new fish! - Compass   Here is one you can see. - mommy1   You need another fish! - Compass   

0 Not allowed!
    When I shot the video this morning that was the morning after the water change last night and they did seem pretty pale. (that was their first WC since having them). They have a lot more red now than they did this morning.

I went back to the shop this evening just to get a double look again and I think mine actually look better lol. I also noticed even though there was more in in the tank schooling. It was a free-for-all-fish pile in the tank..They all seemed to be going at each other pretty hard. I guess they are still trying to figure out that pecking order at the store lol.
    My 4 seem very mild-mannered compared them.

I picked up a can of Omega one as well.
    I also checked out the shrimp while there..I can't see dropping $10 for a shrimp yet lol

Trill If you do get some video that would be cool. Can never grow tired of watching fish!

Moms, I realize the 10g is small but I'm hoping it is only temporary. I have a 55g, but Im going to get at least a 29 or 30 as an interim.
    Last edited by Fishhook; 06-24-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIT (Thank God it is Thursday) - afro123   Great helper. Here's a hotdog. - metweezer   Happy New Year!! - SeaLady   For your plant placement experiment...nice! - Slaphppy7   Thanks 4 help - pRED   

0 Not allowed!
    What the heck kind of shrimp are you looking to buy?
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    My video skills are terrible, and this was after some planting/filter cleaning so there is that...

But as a bonus you can see my really big SAE at about 2:35 (and the tail of my rubbernose peak out of his cave) That one is greater than 6 inches long and bigger around than a nickel.

Also seen:

1 - Giant Danio, the last of the pack this is "Newt" that was born in the tank and thus deserving of a name, but this is also why there is only one. I have another terrible video of how active these guys are from before.
    Kuhli Loaches
    Assassin Snails.. including one climbing up the glass
    Angelfish (2)
    The tip of the tail of my Gold nugget (its the light patch you see above the rock) he's tucked in behind the wood with the anubias growing on it.

Please ignore how terrible my plants are... they are currently on the "oh dear gawd" phase of the "Wow Amazing -> Oh Dear Gawd!" cycle I seem to go through on my tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    they were at Bermuda. Red Cherry and another type (i forgot)..one was $8, the other was $10. I haven't made it to the other location yet to see what they have stocked.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    that was a great video. I love the variety of color in the tank. I thought the pants looked great too.
    I would love to make the transition to live plants...but one thing at a time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIT (Thank God it is Thursday) - afro123   Great helper. Here's a hotdog. - metweezer   Happy New Year!! - SeaLady   For your plant placement experiment...nice! - Slaphppy7   Thanks 4 help - pRED   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne View Post
    My video skills are terrible, and this was after some planting/filter cleaning so there is that...

But as a bonus you can see my really big SAE at about 2:35 (and the tail of my rubbernose peak out of his cave) That one is greater than 6 inches long and bigger around than a nickel.

Also seen:

1 - Giant Danio, the last of the pack this is "Newt" that was born in the tank and thus deserving of a name, but this is also why there is only one. I have another terrible video of how active these guys are from before.
    Kuhli Loaches
    Assassin Snails.. including one climbing up the glass
    Angelfish (2)
    The tip of the tail of my Gold nugget (its the light patch you see above the rock) he's tucked in behind the wood with the anubias growing on it.

Please ignore how terrible my plants are... they are currently on the "oh dear gawd" phase of the "Wow Amazing -> Oh Dear Gawd!" cycle I seem to go through on my tank.
    "oh dear gawd" hahha that just makes me laugh. Those tetras are amazing! Such deep color! Wonderful looking.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhook View Post
    that was a great video. I love the variety of color in the tank. I thought the pants looked great too.
    I would love to make the transition to live plants...but one thing at a time.
    PM Korith. He's sold quite a few batches of RCS to members here and they seem to be rather happy with his prices.

Woops, quoted the wrong post! this was in response to those cherry shrimp being crazy expensive at 10 bucks a piece. Yuck!