· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Betta

1. Default New Betta

0 Not allowed!
    I'm putting him in a 10 gallon with 3 ADFs.

I ordered him from Live Aquaria and the shipment was delayed a day. His head is completely black- is that ammonia burn or is that just how he looks?

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus 
    right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 
    Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Can you get pics of him posted here?...may just be his natural coloration, why would you think ammonia burn?

Your 10 gallon is cycled, correct?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm trying to get a good picture, but he's still in the bag being acclimated. I probably took around 10 pictures on a Galaxy S3 and they're all bad...

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    20140619_121921_zpsc8f1978c.jpg
    20140619_122053_zps170ca53c.jpg

And yes, my tank I cycled. 0 both in ammonia and nitrite, less then 10 ppm nitrate.

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus 
    right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 
    Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    He's a pretty one!...probably just his natural coloring...see if it changes any once he's settled in....

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    That's a relief. :)
    I'm probably just being paranoid with him being in the mail for an extra day.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'm curious...why did you order him online anyway?....there are many to be had at any LFS

8. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Not where I live... There's a Petco and 2 Petsmart's less then 1/2 hour away. The nearest LFS is over an hour away.
    I was at one of the Petsmart's getting frozen food before I placed my order and I saw a poor boy with really bad fin rot. I was tempted to get him, try to nurse him back but I know it would be better if I didn't. Still feel kind of bad..

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I see...I feel bad every time I see the "betta cups", I just want to rescue them all...

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I agree, natural colors. If it was ammonia burn and it was bad enough to blacken his face, I'm pretty sure he'd be dead.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.