· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    That is sweat! For a first tank way to jump in in 75 big ways.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I wanted my first tank to be done right. I really only plan to keep 1 tank which is in my living room and thought a 75g would be a good size that would allow me to have options with design and big enough to keep alot of fish.

I am really happy with it and I know over time it will only get better.

Awards Showcase

For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 
    6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass 
    Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Can you get us more pics, maybe a nice 3/4 perspective?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful tank and fish. I wouldn't change a thing.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well thank you. I am happy with what I have done so far, but i still have a ways to go before i would consider it done.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent design, love the driftwood.
    Cool stocking, especially with he cardinals, but just pay close attention to the gourami behavior as they age.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What's your thought with the gouramis as they age? What do you for see happening ?

Awards Showcase

Good Luck w/cycling - pRED Welcome to AC - mommy1 Welcome to the AC!  Good luck on your cycle.  The fish cycle... not the other one. - KevinVA For letting us "hyjack" your post! - steeler58 Here's some happy cycling thoughts or the most annoying gift in the shop... depends on your perspective. - mommy1 
    Congratulations, time for fish! - mommy1 Congrats on completing your cycle!  Here's a parrot, since I never see anyone gift parrots. - KevinVA Congrats on your cycle!...I guess....LOL - Slaphppy7 Have a "cold beer" for completing your cycle. - steeler58 Beautiful tank!  Here's an Apisto to get you started. - KevinVA 
    Here's to your new fish purchase! - steeler58 Welcome aboard! :-) - Taurus You came, you learned, you tanked! - SeaLady A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass Terribly sorry about recent events...your luck will get better - Slaphppy7 
    I just realized you don't have any barbs. - Compass Hard days ending in beer are usually evened out to be just the right side of OK. - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Cheers to new fish! - Sandz Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass 

Default Video Journal: 75G Community Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great. Jealous!

As for the gourami, they can get territorial and a bit nippy as they get older. Can't see it being an issue, just airing on the side of caution.
    Special thank you to mommy1, KevinVA and slaphppy7 for all the help, it has not been easy!

"I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday"

Planted tank log
    Planted tank video

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by philipraposo1982 View Post
    What's your thought with the gouramis as they age? What do you for see happening ?
    I keep 8 gouramis in my tropical pond, one snakeskin, 3 Pearl, 1 moonlight, and 3 three spot gourami. They are a very interesting species to keep together, and surprisingly get along, but not completely. The 3 Pearl gouramis are usually not involved as they are a much less aggressive type of gourami, but the 3 spots and the snakeskin are different. Sometimes the largest 3 spot will be picked on a lot by the others, then it will stop all of the sudden. Moonlights will fight each other if both are male, sadly my other one died to an unknown cause, and trust me, it wasn't because the other one killed it. I won't be purchasing another ever again because the current one would most likely dominate a new moonlight gourami.

When gouramis get aggressive, you can actually train them, believe it or not. It's not always effective but it has worked for one of my 3 spot gouramis.
    At one point it was extremely aggressive, attacking every other gourami constantly. I put it in a small clear tank inside of the pond to where it couldn't escape(yes, it was at the surface if anybody got scared) for 2 days. When I released it, it stopped aggression and hasn't been that aggressive since.
    I have tried this with the 3 Pearl gouramis in my 55 gallon in the past, and it isn't very effective. It's not like I want to constantly rotate keeping gouramis in a small area just because they are acting natural, so I moved them to the pond, and aggression disappeared completely, most likely due to the size and territory amount.

Got a little carried away there, but I'm just trying to give you an idea of gourami behavior. Again, there's always the chance that you got lucky and all of them will get along. They can develop aggression, and it could lead to you needing to move them. If you see anything suspicious in their behavior, feel free to PM me about it.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well done. You've gotten some really positive feedback from some of the best fish keepers on this forum. You should feel proud.
    It's a beautiful tank and I'd leave it as is for a while. Let the plants and the fish get a little growth on them, let the tank mature, then see if you want to change anything. I'm betting that you won't :o)
    Clearly you did your research and set things up right.
    I would be interested in knowing your entire stock and plant list.
    Also, did you cycle the tank fishless or with fish? What's your water change schedule?
    Curious minds want to know :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492