· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default How many peacocks for a 190litre/ 50g tank?

0 Not allowed!
    More or less add the title says. I'm air to set up a juwel trigon 190litre corner tank and want to go down thr the all cichlids route and thinking of peacocks. Not interested in breeding so it will be all male. Mostly merit community tanks in the past with dwarf cichlids but now I have the extra room hopefully I can go down this route.

Or any other cichlids that might work. I'm after diff colours and patterns that the males can provide.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    77 views and no comments from anybody???

Awards Showcase

Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 
    Merry Christmas - steeler58 Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7 Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    The rule for africans is generally divide the tanksize by two... so 25... but thats assuming the fish dont get bigger than 3-4in and you have 2-3x the filtration for tank size.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. Gives me something to make a start on

Awards Showcase

Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 
    Merry Christmas - steeler58 Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7 Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Anytime. I honestly thought I had replied to this or a thread just like it a day or so ago... Anytime you have african help needed, pm me and I will at the very least point you in the right direction.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool Thank you. It will prob take a few more weeks before I get the rest of the equipment needed. Thinking of going with an n external cannister filter add the filter that normally comes with juwel tanks isn't there. I've a small fluval u3 filter running ina tank already so the media is well seeded so that gives mea few extra options to start the tank of with.

But id like to have my plan in place fish wise so I know what I'm aiming for. Just need to source a few local breeders to see if they can supply with a few males.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well I wish you luck...I want to see pics when its up and running. Or even before :-)

I personally would say start with a good 10-12 fish and then add 4-6 here and there until you get to final stock.