· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default The Great Cichlid Debate

0 Not allowed!
    About a month ago I started up a second 38g and it's been cycling since then. I planned on moving my peacock eel into it and also some African cichlids, but I know that the cichlids can be pretty aggressive. The eel never really comes out from under the rocks so I'm not nervous about him picking on the cichlids, just the cichlids picking on him. Could they get along well together or should I opt to not put them in together? If not, what would be some good choices to mix in with a peacock eel?

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    A 38 limits your stocking options, really too small for most African cichlids in any case. Also consider, peacock eels are soft water river fish, not suited to the hard/alkaline water African cichlids need. Toss in a handful of endler's livebearers and the eel will snack on some of the fry. They'll also give you something to watch while the eel is buried in the sand.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Not all African cichlids are hardwater fish. Take the kribensis for example. Not necessarily a good idea though since it's a bottom dweller but just saying

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    My opinion would be to go with Electric Labs or Kenyii species only
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's