· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    You'll get there...don't rush through life...it gets shorter as you get older...trust me
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For a beautiful tank :) - steeler58   Let's bump this school up! - Compass   I'll match Compass's neon! - steeler58   Now we're getting a shoal going! - Compass   A NUDDER WUN!!! - Compass   

1 Not allowed!
    Of course. No desire to sprint it. :-)
    My journal....Swimming in South Africa:
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...49#post1329449

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIT (Thank God it is Thursday) - afro123   Great helper. Here's a hotdog. - metweezer   Happy New Year!! - SeaLady   For your plant placement experiment...nice! - Slaphppy7   Thanks 4 help - pRED   

0 Not allowed!
    Everything looks awesome! I love that lily you have there. Such personality in those leaves.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For a beautiful tank :) - steeler58   Let's bump this school up! - Compass   I'll match Compass's neon! - steeler58   Now we're getting a shoal going! - Compass   A NUDDER WUN!!! - Compass   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. It's very often a resting place for the four SAEs

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to three great years ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on almost getting to your holiday! And your tank and new rams look great.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Here are the other promised update pics. I do not yet have one of the Parrot fish tank. I had to take in the Striped Raphael catfish for trade. He simply outgrew his home. The replacements are two young Pictus catfish. Wonderful little guys.

the 60L with its two Rams
    DSC_0034.jpg

The 135L breeding tank with some new plants AND a pair of Rams (they are just so awesome I couldn't resist.) These are grown emmersed. About two weeks from now I'll decide on final placement. I'm thinking of a rule of thirds split with a bias to the right. The purple/pink that these turn should stand out well against the wall of Valis.
    DSC_0037.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking great, as always

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Some quick updates:

1)

In the 185L main tank I was given a bit of a surprise because today I've seen Ancistrus fry on the glass. There are several greens and several of the L144 colours. Soooo now I know where my male has been hiding. The problem is that I have no idea which female he has bred with. The one is supposed to be getting removed soon to be sold (as it is his sister) and the other is a pure L144 colour that was purchased from a breeder so it has different genetics.

I'm going to hazard a guess and a lot of hope that he chose the L144 female. He is a mix of L144 and normal as well which would explain the different coloured fry. The other female will be removed at the first opportunity! Apart from that the tank is running really well.

DSC02547.jpg

2)

This tank has been rescaped completely and it still isn't finished. I'm waiting for a chance to get a proper background for the tank and for the alternanthera reineckii to finish the transition from its emmersed form. I'm not keen on its current placement as it seems to remove any sense of depth from the tank. So suggestions are definitely welcome.

What do you guys think of the cave on the right? Its more than 15cm from front to back and about 20cm+ from side to side. I've built it into the gravel using a few tricks.

The stock is really simple, my breeding pair of Ancistrus and a pair of long-fin Rams

DSC02523.jpg

3)

My smallest and easiest to care for tank. :) It's currently home to a pair of young Rams as well as 20 Chili Rasbora. The large Amazon Sword was removed from this tank and placed in the one above. (It's the big one in the front.) Amazing that that was in a 60L tank and barely visible.

DSC02545.jpg

4)

This is a quick snap of one of those young Rams that live in the 60L.

DSC02533.jpg

Oh and before I forget, do any of you guys have tips on how to catch shrimp? I need to clear out very large numbers soon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    So I moved over 200 shrimp to the lfs today. Earned me a fair bit of credit and some cash as well.

Spent some of that cash upgrading my hiking gear since I had everything fish related.

I came to realise that a 60l backpack that gets packed half full is just wasted on day trails. So I treated myself to a very good daypack for future use.

I actually spent this past Sunday hiking a technical trail with some spectacular views. This is from halfway up.
    uploadfromtaptalk1435695829609.jpg

Unfortunately there was low cloud which meant I could not take any photographs from the peak of the surrounding area. By the top we were 400m higher. Since the surrounding land is mostly flat I expect some stunning views and I will be returning

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Nice trade!

Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast