· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default A way to archive old and outdated threads?

0 Not allowed!
    I was in a forum the other day and was about to respond to a thread until I noticed it was nearly a year old..And it was only a few down from the top.
    Would there be an easier way to format the forums or archive threads so the really old ones aren't on top. I have a few ideas below, if they are no good, just let me know.

1. Threads old than 6 months with inactivity are color coded for quick visual reference
    2. maybe after 6 months with no activity threads automatically move to an archive folder?
    3. maybe combine a few forums? I noticed for journals and logs they're are several forums that cross paths.
    example: Journals..There is a Journal Forum, but there are also journals located in the beginner section, in both General and Cycling (including mine because I didn't know where exactly to put it). There is also the photo forum to log and journal project as well.

It only seems there are a few forums that get most of the activity while others stay dormant.

I'm not bashing on the site by no means (constructive criticism only), but the navigation seems redundant and confusing sometimes.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 
    You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz 
    for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook 
    beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Go into your settings, then general settings in the left hand menu. From there you can set limitations on how the threads are displayed with the Thread Display Options.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the only thing that I saw would help would be the Default Thread Age Cut Off:.

would hidden threads still be searchable for reference if you did not want them showing up?

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 
    You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz 
    for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook 
    beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, hidden threads are still searchable using the advanced search feature at the top of each page.

I have mine set to Use Forum Default and I only get threads from the last few days on the first page, depending on how active the forum is, and I can go back pretty far by using the page feature at the top and bottom of each thread.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    for what its worth, I did this simple layout real quick based on the current forums and combined some as well.
    Predatory forum would fall under whether or not the fish is fresh or salt..The same would go for catfish and other species.

just a thought