· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    State laws? Sorry I do not live in America. But thank you very much for the nice list of plants that could easily grow with in my desires.

And about snail's, I highly understand there may be more, hence why i said "confirmed population". Sorry if that was miss understood. And about coming out during dark or light. The ones currently inside, seem to be more active when the aquarium light is on.

If it was Assassins, mmmm. I would have liked that. They seem to sell for 5 pound here. But, hopefully see them more often and watch them get bigger. So far they do look like Flying pond snails.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Haha sorry, the majority of people I talk to outside of NZ tend to be in the US so I generalize (we're extremely strict on our laws around aquatic plants but places like the UK, US etc don't seem to be as strict).

I was just trying to show that you may find your confirmed population becomes untrackable as snails tend to boom and there can be hundreds at once :)
    120L Planted community, 220L Planted community, 55L Killifish & hara cat, 31L Dwarf puffer tank

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    See you have a puffer's. Little ugly but attractive things. My local aquarium do have some. Strange little fish they are.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I only have the one but they have quickly become one of my favourite fish (if not my favourite)! They're so full of personality and so lovely! Everyone loves watching my girl eat - she slurps up bloodworms in such a weird way. Sorry
    120L Planted community, 220L Planted community, 55L Killifish & hara cat, 31L Dwarf puffer tank

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ammonia 2ppm
    Nitrite 0ppm

I know why the ammonia has gone up today. A couple days after adding a pinch of food, I added another, and then another the day after. Working of that, and when I added the pinches it takes 4-5 days to reach it's peak ppm through rotting.

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Also the Ferns, the dark green patches are already receding. One fern has already pretty much recovered from not enough light.
    And looking on the net, Dwarf Sagittaria, Indian Fern and Dwarf Ambulia interest me. I do have interest in getting a Anubias Nano. And have an ideal spot for it to grow.
    Thinking of Indian Fern as a floating plant with consideration to the Sparkling Gourami's.
    One Ambulia. Once grown enough, cut and repeat till I have 6 growing.
    And a couple Dwarf Sagittaria. To go behind my Bogwood, to give colour behind it. And a further place for the Embers to hide.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ammonia: less then 1 but still green. Not really yellow. I'd estimate about .75ppm to .9ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm

Moved things about and removed a small piece of decor as I started thinking it looks tacky now. The greeny bits on it have become really green and i just don't like it. Looks better as the centre (to the right of the centre) is now more open. Moved the resin stone structure to the right hand side and moved the bogwood to the to the other. Having moved things the ferns got moved. Several leave's put in to a handy hole in the resin structure, that allows easy anchorage. Roots still open to water. The rest have been placed on the bogwood in differing locations. The Java moss. tried to move it, but it is hard to keep together as most of it is now broken of in to little bits.
    Whilst moving the ferns, I believe some fernlets, came free from an unknown source. The fern currently propagating had two before being moved and two after. However, the little fernlet is now floating about, looks healthy. :)

Snail update, finially after being missing since yesterday, I have seen two. One described as before. The other, the shell colouring is starting to take some uniformity now. Black and Goldish stripes.

Pets at Home, I have found sell Indian Fern and Dwarf Amulia, both in bunches. Anubias in pots. Looking in their plant tanks the have plenty of ride alongs. Trumpets :)
    They even say on notices to buy the potted plants, because they are treated against snails, but they are thriving in the potted plant tanks. Not so much in the bunch plant tanks. (Is one big tank, split in to 6 sections water falling to each new section.)

Awards Showcase

TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA 
    Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 
    Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Careful when removing decor while cycling...I know it was a small piece, and your BB will grow mainly in the filter, but it grows on decor, too

Java fern will sprout new plantlets from the tip of it's own mature leaves...sometimes they break off, sometimes you will have to break them off yourself, but they will grow into a whole new plant...neat thing about javas, IMO

java.jpg
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Is neat watching the fern-lets on the parent leaf at the moment. I like the ferns, dispite apparently people saying Java ferns look ugly.

I rubbed as much as the surface i could so as to remove as much "stuff" as i could, before tanking it out fully.

Awards Showcase

TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA 
    Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 
    Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, the first time I saw a fern-let floating around in my tank, I thought "what the heck is this" until I learned about them...so I netted it out, tied it to a pebble with fishing line, and put it back in!...I like javas, such pretty green color, and they are awesome nitrAte eaters

Good deal on the "stuff"
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast