· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Filter Setup Question...

0 Not allowed!
    I just set up my EHEIM Classic 250 Canister Filter in my 20 Long tank. I attached the long "out take" plastic tube with all the little holes in it along the back of my tank, about 1 1/2 inches under the surface. The current seems to be really strong and I was wondering if there was any other way to place this. I was wondering about attaching it out of the water and facing it down but didn't know if that was a good idea. Any input is greatly appreciated!

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I had the same problem with my canister filter on my 20 long. I pointed the holes in my spray bar towards the glass (which slowed down the current), and angled them upwards so there is still good water surface movement (surface movement is how you get oxygen into your water).

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    In my 29, I had purchased the cascade 1000 and I tried both the spray bar and the jet nozzle. One or the other was way to strong in different ways so I managed to use both. I place the appropriate amount of spray bars then used the jet nozzle as a break at the end. The brake causes enough back pressure to spray through the holes and in turn relieves a bit of pressure from the jet nozzle. Was very happy how it turned out. I have attached a photo to give you an idea of what I am talking about.I used the same setup in my 55g allowing the Bamboo shrimp to climb up the rocks and sit under the current.
    2014-06-07 17.36.52.jpg

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thx for the ideas! I don't have a jet nozzle with my filter. Would be great if I did. May try aiming at the back wall...

0 Not allowed!
    Are the hoses long enough to put intake on one end and spray bar accross the other end back to front.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No I don't...I have my tank set up in my dining room pass thru so it can be seen from the kitchen and dining room clearly. What I ended up doing yesterday is aiming the holes a little upward. It's kind of nice because the water was more movement on the surface because the ripples are like wave but not as strong a current running through. I would think that makes it good for increasing the oxygen too.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes creating more of a ripple effect will create more gas exchange between air and water. If this tank is moderately planted you want to be careful as too much exchange will decrease the amount of c02 that the plants need to survive! My tank is fully planted and I have since removed my "bubbler" to reduce surface agitation.

1 Not allowed!
    Shakti, i forgot how you had your tank set up. The way younhave it now sound good.