· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb pistol shrimp goby pair

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I know I can't have a sw tank till I move but I was looking at stuff and I saw something about goby pistol shrimp pairs so naturaly I started reseaching and I saw stuff about people keeping them in small tanks so I was wondering if when I move I could get a 5 gallon tank set it up cycle it all that and get a candy stripe pistol shrimp and a goby.?(remember this won't be for a couple months)

2 Not allowed!
    They are called pistol shrimp for a reason; they sound like .22 rifle shooing at night.

A five gallon tank is a bad idea for your first SW tank, I'm afraid. A 55 gallon would be a better one.

Dave

0 Not allowed!
    I know that but I like a challenge and I know where I can get some good live rock from the gulf or mexico here's a link [URL="http://www.tbsaltwater.com"] I may just do a tiger goby and what ever pistol shrimp I can get from there.

1 Not allowed!
    You might want to consider Dave's advice a little more. He has likely forgotten more about marine aquatic live than most of us know, and he knows a heck of a lot more than I do !!!

Also, you might want re-read a few of the past recommendations that have been made:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117273

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=116398&page=2
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I know that but don't treat me any different than if I had a job, I can do the same stuff and pay for the same stuff.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    I'll be SO excited when you pay for a water test kit!

You are not being treated any differently from those of us, with or without jobs. We are just trying to help, and sometimes that means telling you the truth about certain aspects of fishkeeping that may be out of reach for those just starting out.

You are choosing species that are not for beginners, from what I see...I certainly would not attempt to responsibly keep some of the species you have come up with, regardless of cost.

This does not mean that one day you will never be able to keep whatever you want, same goes for all of us.

Until you begin to follow the advice we've tried to give you, we can't be of much more help.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I know, now I'm stressed because now I'm setting up a 55 gallon that I am reseaching and am telling my papa what fish he can get for it and stuff and now he said he is doing a complete african biotope with plants from africa and wood from africa and everything.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    No need to stress...this hobby is supposed to be RELAXING (mostly)

Sounds like your papa may already know what he is doing?...if that is the case, then why not be the best helper you can be?...It will be his tank, after all...have you told him the importance of research before buying anything, or does he know this already?

It was suggested to have him join the forum, where he could also ask questions and learn...we always have room for new members

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I asked him he said he may join, and hes the one that had a 150 gallon sw tank.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent!...with his experience, and your help, it should turn out very well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast