· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juicing....

Default Juicing....

1 Not allowed!
    Well I'm on a health kick and bought a Juicer, this thing will grind and juice almost anything edible. I'm skipping regular meals during the week and doing the juice thing using veggies instead. So far I've juiced Radishes, Spinach, Carrots, Kale (man, you can really taste kale) celery, peppers (hot and sweet), parsley as well as tons of fruits as deserts.
    I've lost 7.5lbs in 2 weeks counting calories using the Loseit! app and juicing.
    Anyone else? I sure could use some recipes. The fruit ones are easy, it's veggie ones I'm most interested in getting. Thanks in advance!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    No recipes, sorry. Only the suggestion to use some herbs and spices with these juices.
    Also on days that you exercise a smoothie with a low fat yoghurt would be a good idea, get some protein in you

0 Not allowed!
    That's a good idea Talldutchie

My grandparents used to have a juicer. We mostly used it for making carrot juice when we would have too many carrots to store in the basement. I think that carrot juice would have made a great drink with some yogert mixed in

I'm getting hungry now
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

1 Not allowed!
    Sounds great, just make sure you are still getting fiber, I've heard before that when a juicer grinds stuff, the solids it leaves behind usually has a lot of health benefits.

Just make sure you are doing it balanced and still getting all the nutrients

0 Not allowed!
    Carrot juice goes great with some fresh coriander, if you don't mind the peculiar colour you get. Add a few drops of tobasco and just a very small pinch of sea salt!

0 Not allowed!
    Now I'm really getting hungry
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    The pulp being left behind is why I ditched my old juicer for one of those new Ninja ones...it is probably the only item I have ever purchased which actually is as awesome as the infomercial states.

Anyway...Ive been juicing for years, really since I got on my health kick back in gradschool. I also do the meal swap 5 days per week for breakfast(work) and for lunch on the weekends. Probably my favorite "recipe" is for an improved V8 type juice which tastes pretty awesome.

2 tomatoes...best if you use very flavorful heirlooms or a combo of different types
    1-2 large carrots
    1 celery stalk
    hand full of kale
    pinch of spinach
    pinch of sea salt
    ground black pepper
    tabasco to taste

I also put in a little bit of fresh chopped herbs...whatever I have on hand. Cilantro and basil are my favs.

Now I also dump in some extra stuff I have in the fridge such as a mushroom or two, maybe a bit of cucumber or zuchinni if it appears too thick as well.

Now for my fav fruit based juice which is more of a smoothie I suppose:

1 TBSP peanut or almond butter
    1 TBSP plain or vanilla greek yogurt
    2 granny smith apples
    1/2 banana
    3-4 strawberries
    1/2 cup of other berries(blue, black, rasp, whatever ya have or a mix)
    pinch of kale
    1 kiwi
    splash of orange juice
    add a touch of honey if it is too tart
    Last edited by MCHRKiller; 06-06-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks MCHR, appreciate the recipes. The fruit ones are easy, hard to mess up as most are sweet and tasty. The veggie ones are tougher to concoct. I will be doing yours for lunch tomorrow. This was my lunch today...

Sweet pepper, 1/4 white onion, large carrot, stalk of celery, tablespoon Hot sauce, pinch of salt & pepper. Incredibly simple and it was pretty good, all at 150 calories.

Sure could use a few more folks ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

Awards Showcase

Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus 
    Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

3 Not allowed!
    I thought this was gonna be a thread about steroids
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...

Congrats on the weight loss and here's to healthier eating! :D
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed