· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    He certainly is a beauty. One of these days I am going to start a saltwater tank.. now I already want more than one sw tank too, thanks Surf. Are we going to get a feeding video, I would love to see the big guy.
    I posted a few before. Here you go 😀

BTW, if you have a 75G and want to go salt, I can't think of an easier, bulletproof critter to start with. Immune to ick, velvet etc, these guys are amazing.
    Last edited by Surfdog; 06-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome. I love how they slither away with their prize!
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I remember that video, still just as cool.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    I would love to have this tank! Amazing critters. Thanks for sharing!
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    I would love to have this tank! Amazing critters. Thanks for sharing!
    75G tank, LED lights, quarried rock (75lbs), substrate, 2 power heads that can put out 40x the tanks volume combined, heater, fish-less cycle and in 6 weeks you have my 1st tank. No canister needed.

This was their 1st home when much smaller over 2 years ago....my 75G

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Surfdog, you totally inspired me to keep a 2 to 2 1/2 foot Zebra myself. I was lucky to get one that was hand raised from a baby from a stranger on another forum. I need to get him more used to me and i'll try to get a video up too.1604431_10203932672784947_2696796783231088256_n.jpg
    72g bowfront reef with 2 1/2 foot zebra moray eel, 2 clowns, blenny and goby, blue chromis
    65g reef with Greenspotted Puffer, baby snowflake eel, sleepyheaded goby, brittle starfish

Default Messing with my eels (Slap?)

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Thanks Surfdog, you totally inspired me to keep a 2 to 2 1/2 foot Zebra myself. I was lucky to get one that was hand raised from a baby from a stranger on another forum. I need to get him more used to me and i'll try to get a video up too.1604431_10203932672784947_2696796783231088256_n.jpg
    Awesome! They are truly the beauty's of the Moray family. They are also in my opinion the most friendly and curious of the bunch. I have no fear whatsoever handling the zebras or doing in tank maintenance and them brushing up on my hands/arms. If you ever need help, please feel free to pm me. 😀

0 Not allowed!
    BTW Roach, just one bit of advice. Remember at all times that your Zebra has very, very poor eyesight. They all do. Always know where he is before reaching in to move rock etc. Let him know your there. Hand raised or not, you can still startle and Morays react one of two ways, flee or attack. It's usually attack, lol. While it won't remove a whole finger, the inner (2nd) jaws in concert with the primary make for a very nasty bite, yours like one of my larger eels would require stitches at the least and loss of a finger tip at most. I'm not trying to scare you, but this warning is fair to both you and for your eels sake as well. 😉

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the heads up, i'll use this advice to keep in the tank and my digits too, lol. To be honest I worry more about giving my dogs a treat when they are both trying to compete. The eel has been super gentle taking food and when handling him and he's not feeling it he just swims away.
    72g bowfront reef with 2 1/2 foot zebra moray eel, 2 clowns, blenny and goby, blue chromis
    65g reef with Greenspotted Puffer, baby snowflake eel, sleepyheaded goby, brittle starfish

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the heads up, i'll use this advice to keep in the tank and my digits too, lol. To be honest I worry more about giving my dogs a treat when they are both trying to compete. The eel has been super gentle taking food and when handling him and he's not feeling it he just swims away.
    Yup, sounds like a well fed, happy Zebra to me 😃. They are very, I will use the word social when with other Zebras. Mine are always together, sticking out of the same nooks and rubbing heads. So interesting to watch as they are or seem to be curious about everything. If you can get frozen baby octopus, it's absolutely their favourite food. I like to give mine some variety like Pacific white shrimp, squid, muscles and of course the octopus. All their food comes from the grocers, so they're not breaking the bank. If your feeding silversides, I suggest not to often as they aren't as protein rich as the other food I mentioned. You should have many years of enjoyment and it sounds like your very happy with your new charge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast