· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, planning to trade in my Electric Yellows, Acei, and Brichardi Cichlids this Sunday. But I am to leaving behind 2 Electric Yellows and 2 Acei in the 55 gal tank. So the final composition will be 3 large male Peacocks, 2 Dickfield Cichlids, 2 Electric Yellow, 2 Acei Cichlids and about 25 juvenile peacocks (about 1" in size). Will this composition be adequate enough to have the large males to color up?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also to add, my 2 corys just died about a week ago from an unknown cause. Definitely not attacked by my peacocks, electric yellow and acei's. I am planning to purchase a type of cat fish for the purpose of cleaning the tank of scrap food. Any suggestions as to what type of catfish to purchase?

Also if I were to completely trade off all the Electric Yellows and Acei's, and replace them either Frontosas or Oscar. Will they be compatible with the Peacocks?

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Frontosa will be compatible with peacocks but size matters. So does temperment if you get full size fish. They have mouths big enough to swallow 3in fish and some are pussy cats, some are jaguars. You can get fronts from a reputable breeder for 25 bucks at 1in size. If they grow up in the tank and work then great but thats a small fish for a starter tank. They grow slow so a 55gal can be a 3 year home for them... but they need an end tank of over 150gal and a nice colony unless you do a species only harem tank and then they can coexist in a 75gal.

I would go with just different types of peacocks. There are so many that can go together and they only get about 4-6in.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I did everything I could with the all male peacock tank and still no go. Until I was forced to put in the 2 female peacocks I had previously isolated in another tank and all the colors of the 3 females lit up light the 4th of July. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera in hand during that spectacular display of color. I did manage to take some snapshots of the tank a few hours later with the smallest male lording it over the tank and subdueing the 2 larger males. IMG_3675.jpgIMG_3677.jpg

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice! Dang you really do have a lot of labs! lol

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I also changed the artificial decors that I had before with real rocks that I got from Upper Klamath Lake in Oregon. I don't know if that helped bring the color of the 3 males...but could be a combination of the introduction of the females and the rock work. I am planning to trade in several of the labs in exchange for food and other items. That might help bring out the color of the other 2 males.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    thought I would share a good article on color: http://www.sonnysfishroom.com/?page_id=252

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    The natural rocks are indeed a good contributor to hardness and maybe that helps but I would assume the females really pop everything else.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sandz! Very informative. Will try out some of it. Much appreciated.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    100% agree. Will post updated photos and maybe videos once I trade in most of the labs and acei.