· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Some great points Kevin just made

Agreed. And please no one take my post as a know it all... im just trying to provide what I know.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 
    for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 
    Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 
    Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 

3 Not allowed!
    Great questions Kevin. That is the thoroughness we should all strive for.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for answering those questions (in great detail), Per, I really, really appreciate it. I knew you'd have some answers due to your experiences with them, just didn't know what to expect. I can understand how nerve racking it can be to try a different method than the suggested method, due to the costs of these fish. Even I'm a little hesitant/nervous about deterring from the "suggested" method, but I'd like to try it in a way I can enjoy them better.

Rest assured, I'll probably have a multitude of questions for you, when the time comes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Agreed. And please no one take my post as a know it all... im just trying to provide what I know.
    That's why I asked the questions, man. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 
    for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 
    Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 
    Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Just finished reading your response Sandz. Thanks for that, I too feel more confident I could raise a few of these fellows. I will never forget DiscusHans saying that they are no harder to keep than cardinal tetras. People have cardinal tetras die by the thousands but no one thinks they are hard to keep cause they cost a few bucks. It's all a matter of perspective.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    Yes, Per really did a wonderful job of breaking down the questions and answering in great detail as always.
    I would suggest also, anyone interested in keeping discus should visit the Simply Discus forum and read EVERYTHING. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge from people with bare bottom to planted tanks. When I first joined there I immediately disliked a few people who I thought to be quite harsh but after almost a year now I have come to value their straight forward responses. For some members there is only one way to do things, mostly these people are breeders and that way works for them. I truly believe in the advice to start out bare bottom (for domestics), get to know the discus and as your confidence grows develop your tank as you wish. There is a member on Simply that has a 300 gallon discus tank with quite a variety a community fish and her substrate is a thin layer of gravel...I gasped when I saw this as so many have shouted from the mountains that this is the worst thing possible for discus!!!! She does 1 weekly 90% water change (flush and fill method) and a couple small partial during the week. Her fish are not only beautiful but very healthy. There is another member who has a fully planted discus community tank and was actually able to have a pair spawn and produce fry. To my knowledge only one survived and it is small but healthy and happy.
    There are many ways to keep discus as there are ways to build a house but without a good foundation the house will crumble.
    I like the example Compass made in regard to cardinal tetras, they have certain requirements to thrive, can be difficult to acclimate but if you lose one or two no big financial hit to the wallet.

0 Not allowed!
    Very well said, Judi. Thank you. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

2 Not allowed!
    My heart just melts when our Judi here comes in and hits a dead ringer.. I told you you would get this!!!

Kev as we all know - im never short of words... you want to know anything... just ask. I really wish Discus Dan and Cermet were around to respond to this too to add in their words... Also makes me miss Mojo....

0 Not allowed!
    Was just going to ask that. ;/ It's definitely been a while. Wish they would have dropped their e-mails on some of us, before disappearing.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No Idea Chris... they just up and disapeared.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast