· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

3 Not allowed!
    First - dont put mts in your tank. Not needed. 1in of sand isnt an issue - you need 4 to be an issue.

On the betta its self - consider getting a pocket mirror and three or four times a week put the mirror in and around the tank for 15min or more and let him flare and get all worked up. Its enrichment for the fish.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook 
    Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus 
    Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I've not kept sand before and I didn't know if I would run into problems with the sand + soil. As for the betta. I've got a mirror and he goes nuts over that thing, but I don't overdue it.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook 
    Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus 
    Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Office tank update!!! Just went to the fish store and got 6 flame tetras! Acclimating them as we speak. This tank will be fully stocked when I'm done! They are bigger than the two little ones I got last time so they should hold their own against the grumpy big one.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Ok guys got a dilemma that needs solving. MY LFS wasn't able to get marbled hatchetfish but they did get in a bunch of silver hatchetfish and they look awesome! I was under the impression they would get bigger than the marbles but according to seriouslyfish.com this isn't the case. Both get to 1.4". I've been waiting a long time to add some to my 20 and I'm comfortable adding the silvers instead of the marbles. What say you guys? I'm thinking of getting 5.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Flames are acclimated and doing great! It was fortuitous that I did a large water change just yesterday! They are hiding a bit but shoaling together with the four I had in the tank to begin with. Now I just need to pull the guppies out of there and take to the LFS tomorrow. Hopefully by then I'll decide if I want those silver hatchets and kill two stones with one bird!

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I'm glad you finally were able to fill out your stock of Flame tetras.. I'm sure they will all be very happy under your watchful eye.
    As for the hatchets, as long as you're sure you won't kick yourself down the road, get the silver. Both have their own unique beauty so it really comes down to your own desire.
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Ok guys got a dilemma that needs solving. MY LFS wasn't able to get marbled hatchetfish but they did get in a bunch of silver hatchetfish and they look awesome! I was under the impression they would get bigger than the marbles but according to seriouslyfish.com this isn't the case. Both get to 1.4". I've been waiting a long time to add some to my 20 and I'm comfortable adding the silvers instead of the marbles. What say you guys? I'm thinking of getting 5.
    Hmm...if they are Gasteropelecus sternicla, we're talking about 2.5 inches long, and SERIOUS jumpers, see here: http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...cus-sternicla/

It is common for the LFS to have these mis-labeled as silver hatchets...Lee talked me out of these a while back, before I got my marbleds, for some other reason that I can't recall right now...ph range is 6.0-7.0

I don't guess it would hurt to try a few, but I'd be wary until I was certain what they were...they'd probably eventually get too large for a 10g if they are Gasteropelecus sternicla
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hmm...if they are Gasteropelecus sternicla, we're talking about 2.5 inches long, and SERIOUS jumpers, see here: http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...cus-sternicla/

It is common for the LFS to have these mis-labeled as silver hatchets...Lee talked me out of these a while back, before I got my marbleds, for some other reason that I can't recall right now...ph range is 6.0-7.0

I don't guess it would hurt to try a few, but I'd be wary until I was certain what they were...they'd probably eventually get too large for a 10g if they are Gasteropelecus sternicla
    I know I keep jumping around on this journal but these will be going in my 20 gallon tank. I got a really good look at them and I'm confident they are silvers. They didn't have any of the little spots attributed to the common hatchetfish.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmerlin21 View Post
    I'm glad you finally were able to fill out your stock of Flame tetras.. I'm sure they will all be very happy under your watchful eye.
    As for the hatchets, as long as you're sure you won't kick yourself down the road, get the silver. Both have their own unique beauty so it really comes down to your own desire.
    Yeah I wanted the marbles because they have an excellent track record and I liked how they look. But seeing these silvers in person I am very open to getting them. I find them rather pretty.

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I know I keep jumping around on this journal but these will be going in my 20 gallon tank. I got a really good look at them and I'm confident they are silvers. They didn't have any of the little spots attributed to the common hatchetfish.
    Oh, I see, lol....go get 6 of them, but CAREFULLY (and slowly) acclimate them...for obvious reasons...take your time at the shop watching them, too, remember they're wild caught, and could have gone through hell before they reached the LFS
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast