· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, happy you got your Emperors ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Tornados scare the crap out of me...we rarely have them where I am, but just north of here, they aren't uncommon

Did you catch this footage, from North Dakota, some days ago?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-yorgason.html
    Ok, so those two are CLEARLY nuts! Tornadoes scare the craps out of me too Matt. I would not have been that calm at all!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have personally only seen one tornado - the summer I moved north there was one about 6 miles from my grand mothers property where I was staying at first.
    Other than that I can recount many uneasy nights with warnings though including Tornado Tuesday back in 2003 when I got stuck at work for an extra 4 hours (but still got paid because I couldn't check out while we were in shelter)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_So...rnado_outbreak
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I have only ever seen one tornado when we lived in Louisville KY. Not something I care to repeat in my life as that things was realllllllllllllly close

That is likely the only good thing about the weather up here, very very low chance of tornadoes
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    That is likely the only good thing about the weather up here, very very low chance of tornadoes
    That's what we used to think about Vermont.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff! We have photos of local funnel clouds...don' t feel too safe!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, I've seen funnel clouds before, but I don't think one has touched down anywhere near us in about 20 years

There was one that touched down a few years back near Northbattleford, but that is the only one that I remember of and that is about a hour drive away.

But I better shut-up now or I'll I put a hex on the whole thing
    Last edited by Cliff; 05-29-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    A couple years back I saw a funnel cloud that was in the front yard of my grandparents we lived just a couple miles apart so we could see it my grandma was out and my grandpa sleep through it I men there was a tractor rim we used as a fire pit 75 feet up a tree and tarps, potted plants, everything small and big was in the trees or throne around.
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"