· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I couldnt agree more I want want the best comfortable environment for them if I have them. Looks like Im gonna round them up and return them all tommorow. I'll post if I have any more questions, Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC.

Out of curiousity, how long has this tank been set up? How was it cycled? What are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, as well as ph and hardness)? How do you test your parameters?

What filter is on the tank, and what temp is it kept at?

Regardless of all of the above, you've been given excellent advice...an angel does not belong in a 10 gallon tank, except for maybe quarantine as a juvenile for a week or two.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yep, if possible pick up a API freshwater master test kit ($25-30) if you don't already have one

Like the others have stated, read up on cycling, doing it fish less is much easier IMO

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ya well Im keeping the water around 78 but have no way to test the ph level or anything without that kit you mentioned..

I have not cycled the water very well but the people down at my local Petsmart just told me to use coidtioner and let it sit for a couple days. I have two filters and a heater connected to it.

One of the them is much larger but I also connected my smaller

http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-25846-Wh...ds=fish+filter

for additional filtration when the water was a bit cloudy. I don't have the money to get the kit and fish so ill have to save some more. For now I suppose Ill return and buy a betta or something simple.

This whole situation hurts as I've been having a lot of health problems myself recently (GERD, gastritis or something) and im only 20! It pains me to see the fish unhappy because I a good person that is responsible and love my fish. I made a mistake of trusting the employees down there instead of doing the proper research.
    Last edited by swclark107; 05-28-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    It's ok, it's why many of us (including myself) came to this forum

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yup hopefully I'll get all these guys safely back there and figure out something..I'll get back to you all tommorow morning on my decision to confirm my actions are safe for the fishes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   a betta for your tank ;) - genocidex   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   good for you for saving the goldfish - fishmommie   

2 Not allowed!
    hi,
    i just want to tell you, you really need to do your own research when you get fish.
    99% of the time the pet store employees have no idea what they are talking about.
    and that is not the way you cycle a tank. you should go to the beginner section then click on cycling section and then on the fish-less cycling section
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   Because I do agree with you but its hopeless to tilt at windmills - smaug   For finding the extra dollar! ;) - escamosa   For your nice tank, another neon! - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I murdered a lot of fish when I started my first 10g...it is very sad but true that it happens a lot. I also wanted tiger barbs, but they are just awful for a small tank.

Listen to the advice here and you can be guilt free!

For a 10g, I like the idea of neons and a betta...but you can see by my sig that I'm biased, lol.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   heres your first angel - genocidex   Thanks for playing - mommy1   Here's a dollar for your SD...hope he's ok - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the treatment! - ~firefly~   

0 Not allowed!
    You have come to the best place to learn about this hobby . No one here has steered me wrong and they have helped me so much I could never thank them enough .IMO you should return all the fish and start over after you have properly cycled your tank. A 10gallon may be harder to maintain than a tank 3times the size but it can be enjoyable ,,,IF you do your research. Learn what you need to know , save up and get a large tank and have a good time. You can't go wrong with the help of the Aquaticcommunity. good luck .
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.