· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default German Blue ram died

0 Not allowed!
    My current setup is 29 gallon tank, eheim 2215 filter, fully established for over a year, a few plants and multiple hiding spots. It consists of 5 oto catfish 6 peppered cory catfish, and 8 cherry barb 2 male 6 female. I introduced 2 german blue rams last week, and everything seemed fine. Did a water change before i got them, and Just did another water change yesterday. Both rams seemed fine except the one had on the back portion of her tail what looked to be a blotch of red (on the inside). I went to feed this afternoon and couldnt find the one ended up seeing her tangled up in a plant. I dont know why water quality seems perfect still. Could it just be a fluke......

0 Not allowed!
    They might have been carrying some type of parasite or a wide range of other sickness when you purchased them. I would think the loss would have nothing to do with your set-up, and more to do with that.

I would suggest to complete a few extra and very large water changes over the next week and keep a very close eye on the rest of your fish.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    They might have been carrying some type of parasite or a wide range of other sickness when you purchased them. I would think the loss would have nothing to do with your set-up, and more to do with that.

I would suggest to complete a few extra and very large water changes over the next week and keep a very close eye on the rest of your fish.

thats all i need is for the entire tank to get sick....so i usually do 30 percent per week......ur saying what do like 30 percent twice this week or three times

0 Not allowed!
    I would suggest around 50 to 75% every second or third day. If your existing fish caught something from the new fish, all this fresh clean water will help them fight it off. Just make sure you match the temp of the replacement water as close as you can the the temp of the tank water.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I see a red dot the size of a nail head near the gill of the other blue ram on the left side...hes hiding in the corner up against the glass............i dont have a quarantine tank so im not sure what to do...wait it out, medicate, wht

1 Not allowed!
    Unless you can ID what the problem is, I would stick with the extra water changes for now

2 Not allowed!
    I quote myself:

Stay away from those Rams bred in Asia, as though they are available in various attractive color forms, the fish themselves are inferior due to poor quality control and injections that makes males color up early, shortening their lives by 2/3rds. The two major national chains in the US carry these Asian-bred Rams, so seek out fish bred in Florida or the Czech Republic for good, high quality, healthy Rams.

Rams are in my Eartheater primer, located in the South American Cichlid section, since the Ram Genus is Mikrogeophagus (literally 'little eartheater).

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wouldn't by chance be a female about to spawn would it?