· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default guideline : Raising Daphnia

0 Not allowed!
    Hi.
    Found this unclear:

"...package of dry yeast..."

What is the term?
    Is it active dry yeast or.......?

Could anyone please advise further, please.
    How many gram is equalent to the term Package of dry yeast.
    It is unclear to me, what in fact is "A package of dry yeast"
    I am trying to find how to do.....
    But always ending up with questions instead of finding answers/guidelines in how to do......

How to determine the amount of "active bakers yeast" (how many gram) equal to a "package of dry yeast"
    Best regards, John from Denmark.

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

1 Not allowed!
    Your post is very troll like, but since you say you are raising daphnia, and daphnia eat yeast... keep in mind though, this is from Dave66's primer on how to culture live food... "They can be fed yeast as well, but very sparingly, as the binders in the yeast packets do accumulate and decay." If you want to read the whole primer here it is, http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=63410

Anyway back to your question.. I went ahead and Googled the answer for you, there are 8 grams of yeast in a package of dry yeast. I believe Dave prefers brewers yeast since that is what is mentioned several times in the primer I linked.

Also from Dave's primer, "Tint the water green with the Phytoplankton, then introduce your start-up culture. You can get them from both lfscultures.com and aquaticeco.com.
    Daphnia are filter feeders, and they can clear the green water quickly, so make sure they are fed as soon as their tank starts to clear. You can also feed them Paramecium"
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi.
    Thanks a lot for your swift reply.
    I will do a close look at the link you send to me.
    I just did a brief reading, and I am sure those guidelines is great.
    Thanks a lot.
    I have googled the term Troll like....
    Never found any solution.

Best regards, John

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jls View Post
    I have googled the term Troll like....
    Never found any solution.

Best regards, John
    Great English for a Dane! Troll like means trying to provoke an unfavourable reaction by baiting someone with something said. Like trolling for fish.
    Mommy1 as usual is correct and you will find your answer in the link she posted. Kind of her to google it but that's just how she is. And I learned something new in her reply as well, so woo hoo. Welcome to the Forums and I wish some North Americans wrote English as well as you do, lol...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    i was taking care of a tank for my friend, she had RCS in the tank and it was crawling with Daphnia, apparently she added it to the tank just as a lets just see, and it exploded. its good for her cause she gets 10$ for a quart of it at the LFS lol. my point to this is, its possible in a seasoned tank that daphnia might not need any extra care at all.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!