· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default First High-Tech Nano

1 Not allowed!
    I have been doing a few posts around looking for advice on what specifics are recomended. For my sake and sanity I want a journal (/shopping list) of where I think this tank will go and where it ends up.

So far I have very little planned, but am considering:

Eheim Aquastyle 6g kit
    Additional Red Sea Nano HOB filter (highly recommend this filter for any 3G or smaller tank. Very customizable, very cheap, very tough little motor for its tiny size)
    Pressurized co2
    50W heater

As far as plants/stock goes, that will come later. I like the idea of a biotope and will probably decide on that once I get another look at the LFS. I can, but will not, be importing any live fish, as I'm located in Hawaii and need a $20 permit per import of any live fish/plant, that is legal to import to begin with. Hopefully the LFS can import something for me if I have my eye set on something they don't normally supply. I am lucky, they are an amazing store with a huge variety of stock considering their size and location. They are one of the only freshwater fish/plant specialty stores (absolutely no saltwater products) in the nation.

My plans for stock excludes shrimp. Never liked them, never want them. I am probably going with a betta or scarlet badis, and/or if my bio load can handle it I would like a small school of boraras (or similar) or Pygmy cories as well.

This will also, for the record, be my first true fishless cycle. I have some reading ahead regarding doing this with plants vs without.
    2.5g Freshwater
    Anubias, crypt., Java fern
    Giger, blue male crown tail betta

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with. If you can get them have you considered the Licorice Gourami? Would be great for a small biotope. Needs a blackwater tank.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, I read through that thread! Made a. Mental note to go back and read closer once I get started.

Never heard of those little fish! Absolutely stunning. I will look them up more closely and see if the LFS can get them in.
    2.5g Freshwater
    Anubias, crypt., Java fern
    Giger, blue male crown tail betta

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tlriot View Post
    Yep, I read through that thread! Made a. Mental note to go back and read closer once I get started.

Never heard of those little fish! Absolutely stunning. I will look them up more closely and see if the LFS can get them in.
    They are considered a challenge to keep as they need very specific water conditions. A great little fish and one I'd love to keep. I like a good challenge.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.