· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no more cray

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know because they will probaly want to bring the tank down to my house and it is temporary because one of them is getting a tank for there room on there birthday.
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

2. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquariumlover10 View Post
    Youknow that people keep cories in 2.5 gallon betta tanks for over 1 and a half years, and when I move I am going to upgrade to a 20 gallon long or a 29 gallon.
    What some people do is beside the point. The fact that some people are cruel is not a reason for you to ignore honestly given advice.

Here's a tip, ask nicely for help and listen to the answer. If you don't agree with the answer then explain why. Comments such as the one you have made above will not earn you any friends.

That tank is well stocked and should not have the catfish. There is a website called aqadvisor that can give good advice on stocking.

No we cannot stop you from getting cories. (Again, a comment that is not going to get you anywhere). However, it is advisable to listen to advice from this forum. Many of the people on here are sucessful aquarists for a reason.

My tanks are running very well because of the advice from several members.
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea yea I know I didn't want the catfish but my grandpa said pick one and the other one was a featherfin so yea and he didn't pay fo it either oh and the commment thing I was really mad that day cause my parents wouldn't take me to petsmart cause I need some stuff and I hadn't been in 3 weeks oh I am probaly not getting the cories I will probaly just get some ottos.
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Research! If you get the opportunity to choose something make sure it will be happy in your tank.

I did this by creating a 'dream list' of fish that I know will be happy in the tank I have. So when I see them I know that I will be able to keep them. A example of this is the Yellow Forktail Rainbow fish. I have been hunting these down for months with little success. I finally found them and snapped up 4 of them. They are very happy in my tank and should be able to remain there even when fully grown.

Have a look in the photo section if you wish to know what I keep in a 50gal community tank.

My second tank is a 35gal which has three inhabitants. One of these is a crayfish. It is not kept with anything that tries to harm it and it doesn't try to harm anything.

Correct stocking and research is the key to success in this hobby.
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!