· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no more cray

1. Exclamation no more cray

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I just looked at my tank and noticed they my otos are knowwere to be seen and I am going to put her back in the pond that I found her in because my mom wount take me to my LFS that sells crays but she would probaly eat the others in the tank and she ate some ghost shrimp so yeah I will be letting her go and getting some more otts and maybe some corys or something I don't know.
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

0 Not allowed!
    It is generally not recommended to introduce an animal kept in an aquarium to the wild, even if you originally got it from a natural body of water. While the species may be native to the area, there is a chance that disease organisms that contacted the animal while in captivity are also going to get released into the wild.

Unless of course the pond you are talking about is something along the lines of a small private goldfish pond in a suburban neighborhood that is not connected to any wild water body and miles away from the outskirts of town.

Since the damage already seems to have been done, why not just keep the crayfish for a few weeks longer until your parents need to go to town or something?

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    The pond is just a rain water runoff pond thing but its stocked with plecos, and crays and I haven't had any diseases in my tank that my cray can get but I am worried that she will eat my betta since she now has a thirst for blood.
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

1 Not allowed!
    You got some great advice already

Is this the setup you are talking about here ?

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=116024

Do you have another aquarium or a QT tank you can put the crayfish in until you can take him to a LFS ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yup that's the tank but I only have 7-9 mosquitosfish, no ottos and about 6 ghost shrimp and I can't set up any other tanks I am not even supposed to have one because I am in a rental and I may try to get my mom to take me to my LFS so I can also get more ghosts.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I am going to try to take my cray to my lfs to get store credit and get more ghosts and some albino, bronze, or pepper mayne mix but I want to try to breed them too.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so what spiecies of the ones I listed should I get and how many? I want to try to breed them.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, anyone?

Awards Showcase

For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 
    6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass 
    Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    You are talking about corys, right? I would not get more than 4 or so for a tank that size, but they do better in larger groups

A 10 gallon is really not an ideal size tank to raise corys, in my opinion
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok my stock is 6-8 mosquitofish, 1 zebra danio, 1 upsidedown catfish, 1 male betta, and about 6 ghost shrimp, my plant stock is hornwort, brazilian pennywort, aponegeton, the equivilent of a medium marimo moss ball, and a tiny bit of cambomba my filter is a aquatech 30-60 power filter so how many of which ones should I get?