· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good!
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Well I was out of town most of the week. The wife fed the fish in my absence and no issues, except one cherry barb May have an issue. Posted in the barbs forum. Wondering if I should dose with Melafix just in case.

The cories seem much happier now that I have more plants. Actually will see all six at once now feeding and going across the bottom. Prior to these plants only three would come out at a time. I added a stone cave as well, as you can see in my last pic. They mostly hide under the drift wood, but an emperor regularly hangs out at the entrance and has claimed it for himself.

1 Not allowed!
    Looks good, Paul. Seems it's all coming together nicely. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Water change done last night, managed to work in both tanks while the 3 year old was bathing. That's kinda fun to do!

The cherry barb is getting worse. Now it has a large clear bubble on that side. I'm guessing it might be to late, but I dosed with Pimafix last night. Have tried feeding peas without much luck. I'm worried if it is a parasite, if I should setup a quarantine tank for it. But at this point, these fish have all been in the aquarium for a month, so I doubt it is a parasite, and if it is, all the fish probably have it. For this aquarium I did a 70% water change, normally just do 50%.
    Last edited by Branhap; 06-11-2014 at 04:59 PM.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that looks really good! N ice job
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have any PraziPro available? I'd suggest medicated food for Protozoans, but that's always 3-5 days away, since you usually have to order them. ;/

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Do you have any PraziPro available? I'd suggest medicated food for Protozoans, but that's always 3-5 days away, since you usually have to order them. ;/
    I can order it. My aquarium place doesn't really have much outside of Melafix and pimafix and ick treatments. Be 2 days out.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well this morning I couldn't find the troubled Cherry barb at all. I looked a little around the tank floor in case it jumped out the small area behind the top and the filters, but didn't see it either.

I don't think 9 other cbs and 3 nerite snails could polish him off completely overnight.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well the barb turned up on the filter intake this evening. Will be ordering some prazipro in the future

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the loss, Paul. Not sure if PraziPro would have worked at that point, but you never know. I use it more as a preventative, when I add new fish to the tank, more than anything else. You might try investing in some anti-protozoan flakes, as well, like these: http://www.angelsplus.com/FlakeMedicated.htm.

I use them as a preventative with my angelfish and I used it while treating ich, in one of my tanks. Seems to give the fish an immunity boost and aids in keeping the parasites out.