· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Eheim 6g Concepts

0 Not allowed!
    I visited a local freshwater plant/fish shop (very positive experience, the lady reaaaally knew her stuff) and fell in live with the Eheim kits, and I'm probably going to get a 6g for a planted set-up. I have experience, but am rusty, so I'm reading up and asking before I invest. I do have my mind set on doing something a little more challenging, with more mid-high light plants, and possibly co2.

I figured I should ask here what you all would do, have done, or ideas you've seen on this specific kit. Im talking aquascape, plant species, stock ideas, extra bits to add, whatever. Likewise, if you have positive/negative reviews, I'd like to hear them. The only thing I don't want is shrimp.
    2.5g Freshwater
    Anubias, crypt., Java fern
    Giger, blue male crown tail betta

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I couldn't find how to edit my post, but I wanted to ask about an open top design with wood and plants above water. My concerns here are the usual jumping fish, but also bugs (specifically centipedes) getting in. Still, figured I would ask for input on this design.
    2.5g Freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    I assume this is the eheim aquastyle cube series? Those are only suitable for very small and relatively inactive fish like a betta or the boraras. Those don't jump much so it's an acceptable risk. A centipede getting in would quickly be a dead one.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that one. Sorry, I didn't think there might be multiple variety kits they carry.

My concern with bugs lies with choking, as I learned about the issue when I caught my betta near dead with one half out of his mouth, and still over 1/2" to go.

If I went with the boraras (if these are micro rasbora I have kept them before) I wouldn't have a concern with choking, I suppose.

I was also thinking I will probably do an eco-specific (I can't think of the technical term) tank in a certain region, probably Asian. If I did that I considered stocking a few scarlet badis.
    2.5g Freshwater

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think the term you are looking for is biotope? I would start with the fish you would want to keep, since your fish selection is more limited. Once you have the fish, research where they are from, then head over to http://www.aquariumplants.com/, they have plants broken down by region, so it will be easy to track down plants from the same region as your fish.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am thinking, if I can get one, a scarlet badis, or a male and 2 female. I am having to put the project on hold unfortunately, as some financial stuff came up that needs to be taken care of.
    2.5g Freshwater

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, good luck with your financial stuff, hope everything turns out ok. :)