· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

2 Not allowed!
    I am regretting my decision to sell my common plec to the petstore a couple years ago. He'd be great pan size by now...sigh...
    My computer beat me at chess, but it proved no match for me at kickboxing.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 
    for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 
    Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 
    Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 

3 Not allowed!
    I should set up a tank with some bluegill and a pleco. Name them Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

3 Not allowed!
    Reminds me of when we first started keeping chickens. My wife wanted to name the cute chicks. I have a rule never to name a critter I plan to eat someday. So we compromised: We named them McNugget 1, McNugget 2, etc. The rooster we ended up keeping was named Colonel Sanders, and the egg hens we kept were all named after bbq sauce brands. You know, just to keep things in perspective.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 
    for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 
    Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 
    Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    I got the idea from when we kept ducks. That's what we named them. It's really best to keep it in perspective Badger. haha
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

5. Default

2 Not allowed!
    So, I notice that Scottishfish, the OP, has pretty much given up on this thread...Hard to blame him.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    No no I am still checking in! Had an exam today so I need somewhere to unwind!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I believe you've come to the right place. How did your exam go?

www.whistlingbadger.com

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Fun Story. I work at an LFS where I was explaining to a customer that oscars are massive fish and he would need an extremely large tank to keep them. He thought to himself for a second and said, "If it gets too large can't I just eat it?" At first I was horrified and nearly threw him out of my store for even suggesting it. Then I was intrigued so I did some digging and it turns out they are commonly used for food in their native habitats and apparently delicious. From what I read they taste like catfish due to the fact that they eat everything.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Exam went well I think, got two essays on aquaculture which really helped me out!

I have heard of Oscars being eaten before, after all, a fish is a fish

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think most bigger fish are eaten in their native range. I have a friend who worked in Malawi for a while, and I asked him if the people ate all those beautiful cichlids that people here pay outrageous sums to own. He said, no, they catch those beautiful cichlids with traps, and use them as bait!

www.whistlingbadger.com