· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Fishy day ......

0 Not allowed!
    Very rainy here today so I rushed through my outdoor chores to get to do some fish tank maintenance on top of the usual Sunday WC.

Cleaned out the sludge from the bottom of the filter. Tried to change the UV bulb but almost electrocuted myself (at least now I know why it doesn't work any more lol). Then the filter wouldn't start, presumably because of the UV bulb issues. Had to re-open the whole thing and thankfully managed to get it started again. Ok, so job 1 took longer than expected!

Moved the driftwood and decorations around during the WC. Found tons of shrimplets and also some guppy fry, which I moved to Bael's tank for grow-out as they will stand a better chance there. He likes company and it's warmer water with more protein-heavy feeds, so a couple weeks in there usually grows them into nice and beefy guppies to either sell or move back into the main tank with the community.

Then popped out to my LFS and picked up 5 new Pygmy corys today to bump my numbers up to 8. In the LFS they looked the same as mine, brought them home, acclimatised them, released them and they are about half the size of mine. Awwwwwwwe. My 3, who are very bold these days, have immediately taken charge and last I saw the new guys were being introduced to the favourite Anubias by the old crew.

Almost bought some replacement Otos, but don't feel I can justify it. They just don't seem to live very long in my tanks :( Perhaps, if I get an actual algae problem, I shall reintroduce them. Until then, I fear they don't get enough to eat and are not competitive enough for wafers/etc.

They had gorgeous corydoras julii - never seen them before. What beautiful animals. But I was good and I resisted as there are no rooms available on the ground floor of my inn. Shame, as they are stunning.
    55g planted: 10x adult guppies + fry, 10x kuhli loaches, 7x black neons, 2x neons, 6x Amano shrimp, assassin snails & cherry shrimp

10g planted: Bael the betta & black devil trumpet snail

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To spice up the thread a bit, here is Bael with one of his new fry companions ...

In a posing mood!

55g planted: 10x adult guppies + fry, 10x kuhli loaches, 7x black neons, 2x neons, 6x Amano shrimp, assassin snails & cherry shrimp

10g planted: Bael the betta & black devil trumpet snail