· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 192 of 246 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2453

Awards Showcase

Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FishDan View Post

Feel a bit foolish, problem after problem.
    You shouldn't feel foolish, these anomalies are not the result of anything you have done.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly 
    A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 
    For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 

1 Not allowed!
    You interested in a blue gourami? The best hydra killers on the market. You can look into how well a pearl gourami does against them. But I know you'll never have the stuff if you have a blue gourami/three spot gourami.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Good Luck w/cycling - pRED Welcome to AC - mommy1 Welcome to the AC!  Good luck on your cycle.  The fish cycle... not the other one. - KevinVA For letting us "hyjack" your post! - steeler58 Here's some happy cycling thoughts or the most annoying gift in the shop... depends on your perspective. - mommy1 
    Congratulations, time for fish! - mommy1 Congrats on completing your cycle!  Here's a parrot, since I never see anyone gift parrots. - KevinVA Congrats on your cycle!...I guess....LOL - Slaphppy7 Have a "cold beer" for completing your cycle. - steeler58 Beautiful tank!  Here's an Apisto to get you started. - KevinVA 
    Here's to your new fish purchase! - steeler58 Welcome aboard! :-) - Taurus You came, you learned, you tanked! - SeaLady A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass Terribly sorry about recent events...your luck will get better - Slaphppy7 
    I just realized you don't have any barbs. - Compass Hard days ending in beer are usually evened out to be just the right side of OK. - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Cheers to new fish! - Sandz Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Rob, yeah I read about it. Won't be adding any for a while yet though. Pearl, 3 spot and blue are all effective apparently. I like the pearl best!

My new plants should be here today so I am going to tear through the tank, clean every and all surfaces, do a big WC and gravel vac and probably remove the big branch. It's making maintenance at the rear of the tank difficult. So I'll probably do a rescape and post the results.

I'm not worrying about the critters. I'll just clean them off periodically.
    Special thank you to mommy1, KevinVA and slaphppy7 for all the help, it has not been easy!

"I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday"

Planted tank log
    Planted tank video

Awards Showcase

Good Luck w/cycling - pRED Welcome to AC - mommy1 Welcome to the AC!  Good luck on your cycle.  The fish cycle... not the other one. - KevinVA For letting us "hyjack" your post! - steeler58 Here's some happy cycling thoughts or the most annoying gift in the shop... depends on your perspective. - mommy1 
    Congratulations, time for fish! - mommy1 Congrats on completing your cycle!  Here's a parrot, since I never see anyone gift parrots. - KevinVA Congrats on your cycle!...I guess....LOL - Slaphppy7 Have a "cold beer" for completing your cycle. - steeler58 Beautiful tank!  Here's an Apisto to get you started. - KevinVA 
    Here's to your new fish purchase! - steeler58 Welcome aboard! :-) - Taurus You came, you learned, you tanked! - SeaLady A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass Terribly sorry about recent events...your luck will get better - Slaphppy7 
    I just realized you don't have any barbs. - Compass Hard days ending in beer are usually evened out to be just the right side of OK. - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Cheers to new fish! - Sandz Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    You shouldn't feel foolish, these anomalies are not the result of anything you have done.
    I know Matt. It's all a chore just now and, I'm not enjoying anything.

Maybe a rescape will help to re pique my interest
    Special thank you to mommy1, KevinVA and slaphppy7 for all the help, it has not been easy!

Planted tank log
    Planted tank video

Awards Showcase

Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly 
    A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 
    For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 

0 Not allowed!
    I know Matt. It's all a chore just now and, I'm not enjoying anything.

Maybe a rescape will help to re pique my interest
    Hang in there Dan, you'll get through this! I have confidence in yah!

3 Not allowed!
    Dan, I am certain that you will come through this period and it will only be a blip in your rearview mirror. A few months from now, you will be sitting in front of your beautiful tank filled with healthy fish. You will know how to deal with many hurdles as they present themselves, due to this recent crash course. Your learning came condensed, just think of it that way.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platys; 16 Neon Tetras; 9 Cherry Barbs; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; some Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    It's all good Rob/RG

I try not to be too dramatic! But it's been bothering me and as I said, more of a chore than an enjoyment.

I have ordered some Esha gastropex to destroy the critters. In the meantime I'm going to move my Anubias and rescape the tank. Eleocharis and vallis are going in the bin and being replaced with Asian ambulia and catappa leaves.

I won't have any wood in there then, just plants and rock.

Planted tank log
    Planted tank video

Awards Showcase

4 Not allowed!
    It's all good Rob/RG

I try not to be too dramatic! But it's been bothering me and as I said, more of a chore than an enjoyment.

I have ordered some Esha gastropex to destroy the critters. In the meantime I'm going to move my Anubias and rescape the tank. Eleocharis and vallis are going in the bin and being replaced with Asian ambulia and catappa leaves.

I won't have any wood in there then, just plants and rock.
    That ambulia looks really good. That will do nicely if it takes off.

So Too Long Didn't Read coming up. Short version: I sucked at fish keeping, got discouraged, started a new tank with the knowledge I learned and succeeded. Never looked back.

I know how you feel about it being a chore right now. When I first started I put 10 tiger barbs in a 20 gallon High tank. It didn't go so well. Lost a lot of fish to a poor cycling knowledge and was just a total newb. Once everything was stable I was down to 3 barbs. Despite everything I've read those three barbs did amazing. I was expecting them to just kill each other but never saw the first sign of aggression. But that led to other problems. I was afraid to add anything to the tank. Even more barbs. These three had gotten so big I knew any new little ones would be destroyed. Keeping up with the tank became a chore, I was loosing interest and felt discouraged. I didn't want to get rid of my fish cause they deserved better than that but I wasn't happy with what I as an inexperienced guy did. Water changes started to go by the wayside and it just wasn't good. But those three guys kept on going. A lot of my discouragement was that I had set up a bad system (you have not btw) and wasn't confident in myself. Well a co-worker asked me to set up an aquarium for her. I said yes and took everything I learned and set her's up. To my surprised it worked. Really well. That tank is now the one in my office. From that moment on I was hooked again. I found a good home for my tiger barbs and got my gourami. I just immersed myself in the hobby and that's when I came back here and really started joining in the community. Water changes just became a habit that I rather enjoy now. Seeing that I could actually accomplish something. All of this to say, you've done better than I ever did and you just ran foul of some bad luck. It's all a chore right now and I won't fault you for thinking that, but little things like changing the scape will get you right back on top and you'll be the better for it.

Awards Showcase

Default FishDan's 42g Journal

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks for that very thoughtful post man. Yeah I know it may happen to a lot of people, I keep carping in about it (notice the fish pun)

Like I've said before my last foray into fish keeping was not good or accomplished. So I put my research head on, found you guys after a while searching, got top kit and well you know the rest.

Any who!!!

I have cleaned the glass and removed the hydra (meds in the post). I have gravel vacced the whole tank and removed a lot of plants AND all wood. I love that wood but maintenance with it in was a nightmare, just too big. I'm keeping it of course.

The tank now looks barren but I have planted a bunch of Asian ambulia in the hope that it takes off. Catappa leaves added and WC done.

Pics to follow :)

Bit happier with it all now!

Planted tank log
    Planted tank video

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Good, there is nothing better than digging around the tank to get your head back on straight.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Page 192 of 246 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast