· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: My MTS storie

0 Not allowed!
    Ok a question, can a male gbr change color uh intenstiy after spawning?
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmerlin21 View Post
    The reason I chose the gravel was because I wanted a black substrate and the gravel was pretty much it for options. Remember, this tank was set up as an emergency home for the betta. I guess I could always change it to sand but with the way it's fighting to cycle, I'm leery of changing anything.. Lol. Apologies to cm for hi- jacking your thread!
    it great get to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmerlin21 View Post
    Thanks to all of you the Cories are back on my stocking list for the 10g! Now I just need to find some cool micro fish and I'm set.
    oh what fun love little fish

Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Besides the Rasbora's, heres a short list of tetra that would fit the micro fish category; Ember tetra, Green neons, and Yellow phantom tetra.
    I have seen green tetras once in lfs in houston I just was not ready to get them. if the yellow phantom tetra are like the red ones it would be amazing. the red ones we have are to pretty.

oh and on sand plantedtank.net a lot of people like black beauty blasting sand usually found at tractor supply co. 50lbs for 20$ or so i think on the price.
    Fishes go "pook pook"

3 Not allowed!
    Rversgirl, in the half moon the green guys stay near the top, red phamtons in the middel, and the corys go bottom to top and ba ck or run branches on the tree. Also i moved the 5 cardinals from the 20 to the halfmoon they are only a half inch long and did noy want them to be hurt.
    The male GBR has dug a pit in the middle of my tank. And the female will swin in to it and leave." Like what dou you call this a spawing spot. Get back to work." And when i say pit it is 2 inches deep and the size of a baseball.
    Fishes go "pook pook"

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass 
    To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 
    BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

2 Not allowed!
    I don't no much about GBR spawning behavior, but I'm willing to bet that he didn't dig that "pit" for the fun of it!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    cm, That must be just fascinating to witness! Very cool.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platys; 16 Neon Tetras; 9 Cherry Barbs; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; some Cladophora algae on dw

4 Not allowed!
    Hey CM,

I didn't mention this before, but your tanks looks beautiful. I'm really surprised how that half-moon turned out and the 20gal looks spectacular, especially with that background. I love it. Need to find myself some of those or dare to create one myself like Chris.

As to your recent problems w/ deaths, I think I'd chalk it up to bad stock. Cardinals are very sensitive for a reason... and I think it's the amount of line-breeding that's occurred throughout the life of the hobby. I bet you'd have better success with wilds or 1st/2nd gen fish. Your tank seems soft enough to handle them and the pH is on the high side of acceptability.

For what it's worth, I found Green Neons at Petco and they get their fish from Segrest Farms, now. Might try them?

Also, GBRs will change their colors, like other dwarf cichlids, for a variety of reasons: spawning/mating/aggression/fear/etc, and they can change on a whim.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Hey CM,

I didn't mention this before, but your tanks looks beautiful. I'm really surprised how that half-moon turned out and the 20gal looks spectacular, especially with that background. Aw shucks that means a lot coming for a man whose thanks look like yours. Thank you I love it. Need to find myself some of those or dare to create one myself like Chris.
    try this site I think it is it and will correct when I get home.http://www.universalrocks.com/aquari...ious-sizes.htm

As to your recent problems w/ deaths, I think I'd chalk it up to bad stock. Cardinals are very sensitive for a reason... and I think it's the amount of line-breeding that's occurred throughout the life of the hobby.I am inclined to belive this too. I bet you'd have better success with wilds or 1st/2nd gen fish. Your tank seems soft enough to handle them and the pH is on the high side of acceptability. I would prefer stability over changes every day to pH. I will look in to more on peat moss but do not want to mess with it yet.

For what it's worth, I found Green Neons at Petco and they get their fish from Segrest Farms, now. Might try them? Slap and I can probably saw not here one petco is bread butter fish the other is better but half of the times I have been there it looks like "attack of the ick" bad horror movie

Also, GBRs will change their colors, like other dwarf cichlids, for a variety of reasons: spawning/mating/aggression/fear/etc, and they can change on a whim.
    he was green ish whit dark colors but not lighter on back half still pretty the face bright orange and the same with tail and dorsal fins. My wife calls him the Velociraptor
    Fishes go "pook pook"

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, thanks for the link. I think I've actually seen that site before. I'll definitely be trying them out in the future.

As far as Petco or Petsmart goes... I think they're pretty hit or miss. Some are bad, some are ok, some are really bad... but I don't think one of them is actually great. lol I'd take a LFS over a big box store any day, but even some LFS have fish with ich. I saw that on my trek to see those fish stores about an hour away from my house. One of the stores had at least 1-2 tanks with ich. The other one didn't appear to have any, though.

I'd love to see your GBR colored up like that. Does he do it often enough to get a pic?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    will try to night if he will cooperate with me
    Fishes go "pook pook"

3 Not allowed!
    new pics first is the girl a little out of focus but heer belly is pinkpurple
    fGBR2.jpg

male
    mgbr3.jpg
    Fishes go "pook pook"

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast