· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default boycott Betta abuse

2 Not allowed!
    Dear everyone, i have decided to start boycott Betta abuse. I would like anyone who could or will boycott buying Betta from petco, petsmart, and any other store that mistreats these poor baby's. They are living things to and those small cups are terrible for them they should not be sold in those and should not be kept in small vases to live about a week before another one is meant to replace them. The should not be kept in places like that! please boycott for a week, a month, a year, forever. We have to be there voices so please don't let them suffer anymore. Also please don't buy the tiny Betta cage/habitats. how would you like to be kept in one of those. And stop Betta fighting they feel pain to. Most of these stores that treat them the worst have thousands/millions of dollars they could at lest afford to put them in 1 gallon of water. Thank You and please no hate this is my opinion and i want it to change im standing up for what i believe in.
    please Google Betta abuse and go to images.

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I get what your saying but they are.only supposed to be in those cups for a day before someone buys them.

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    What's "supposed" to happen and what really does happen can be totally different things, I have learned.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Well ya but the supplies thinks people buy them in a day or two and my petco actually changes the water now and then.

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    What about the ones that don't sell in a day or two? I promise, they don't just throw them out, they'd lose money that way.

My guess is that they stay in those tiny cups until they sell or die. It's a guess, because I've never worked in a fish store before, but I was in retail for 26 years, and kind of know how it works.

0 Not allowed!
    Ya but my petco hanges the water in every single one I have actually seen them do it while I was there.

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    Well, that's good I suppose. But imagine it this way. What if you were put in a closet to live, and once a day someone opened the door to give you a breath of fresh air? No toilet in the closet, either. No room to explore or play. No friends.

To me, it's the same thing.

0 Not allowed!
    Ya but at least they get clean water.

9. Default

3 Not allowed!
    yeah but clean water is not the same as a being able to live a life worth living. there's a picture i found with a Betta in a mug and the caption is i think i will jump out and end it all. its like us living in a closet as already pointed out sure they may clean the closet everyone's in a while but would you like living there. And some fish come and die in that store, living only about a month or 3 because that's about there age when they are put in the store.

10. Default

2 Not allowed!
    I think they ARE being neglected and badly cared for in some cases, but I don't think they need a huge tank. I keep one in a 1 gallon and he's happy, healthy and friendly. He's probably about 3 years old because I got him from Wal Mart and I heard that bettas from there are at least a year or two old. I'd have him in our other tank, but he shredded our black tetras fins so I took him out (I did have him in there for at least a week).
    Please nobody get mad at me, it's my opinion and I saved him from getting killed by wal mart or somebody else's neglect.