· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default Dog Watering Options

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think I'll find a better/more convenient option than hauling water outside to the water bowl...but thought I'd ask...

Our fenced dog yard doesn't have a tap, so I haul pitchers full of water to the water bowl...probably 3-4 a day (so I'm guessing the three dogs are drinking about 2 gallons or so in total...). It would be nice to have something that we could fill once a day and that would stay clean...and be easy to fill...

There is also no electrical outlet...so the plug in fountains are out.

And it needs to allow easy access for the large AmBull and the mini-Daschsie...

Anyone have good or bad experiences with the type that are just large inverted jugs (gravity waterers)?

It's easier in the summer...I just haul the hose over...but I still have to fill the bowl several times a day...lol. We have thirsty dogs...
    Last edited by Rue; 04-22-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    BTW...I solved our cat water issue. None of the cats would drink from their official water bowls...but will drink from the aquariums, from the watering can, from the toilet, from the shower floor, etc.

We have a walk-in shower. Now we have a communal water bowl in the walk in shower. All 4 cats happily drink from it. I fill it every morning after I shower...couldn't be easier or more convenient...

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

1 Not allowed!
    We have had good luck with these. I don't know if they make them bigger than 1 gallon, but you could buy two or three.

0002969524295_500X500.jpg
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I was wondering how durable they were. I've tried other types/styles over the years and some haven't lasted very long at all...

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like your cats really like the moving water.

We have a Catit fountain bowl for ours and they love it, its also fairly simple and one of the lesser expense ones. And by simple, its a bowl with a pump at the middle bottom that pushes water up a central funnel and over the edges. So it comes apart into big pieces without many crannies.

Looks like this one:

I've used one of the gravity waterers for vacations and they seem to work fine. Its going to depend on how soon your dogs empty it and your lifting capability. Have you looked at the ones that hook into the hose and autofill?

Awards Showcase

Wishing You the Very Best for the New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year - Celtic Fins Happy new year! - Brookfish happy new year! - The Red Severum All Sailors love coffee - jbeining75 
    Sailor - Brookfish cheers bud! - Crispy Happy Birthday bud! - Brookfish thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat congrats on motm - Lab_Rat 
    Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the nomination - Cliff Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff No Message - cer Thanks for the rep - Cliff 
    thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra Happy Birthday - KingFisher thanks for the rep:) Zebra pleco for you! - Northerly Merry Christmas - Cliff Just a Thanks! - Plecos 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    We use 2 of these Rue, one inside and one out on the deck, we have 4 dogs and need to fill the inside one about every second day. We have had them almost 4 yrs now and they still works great. The one out on the deck comes inside for the winter of course.

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Health.../dp/B002RT8M8O
    Last edited by sailor; 04-23-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Oh! That one is nice! I will look for it! Thank you!

I did find a 4g gravity one at PetSmart yesterday and just went ahead and bought it. So we'll see if the concept works. Hubby is doubtful, he thinks it will get too hot/turn green in the summer (but it's in the shade, so I did think of that). The thing I hadn't considered is how heavy it is to fill and upend (duh!). I can do it...but it's going to be a pain.

...I didn't read Trillianne's post until I got back home...lol. And no...the way the yard is set up and some issues we've had with the plumbing, I can't hook it up to a hose or plug it in.

Sailor: If that one you posted fills from the top...well, that would be easier...

All three dogs drank from it immediately - and I think it's half empty (in 12 hours roughly)...so it should last a full day. If I refill it when I get home from work, it should do - but we'll see.