· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default A lonely budgie and an angry snake...

0 Not allowed!
    We just got back from holidays...one budgie had died while we were gone. It was not unexpected...and she was almost 10 years old - but it left the other budgie alone. Since we're down-sizing on the number of pets, I don't want to get her a friend. Yesterday I moved her from the back room where the two of them seemed to be happy in...to the family room - where the other 4 birds live. I have her in a small cage for the moment (no room for their larger cage) and in a week or so I will try introducing her into the cockatiel cage. If the two of them can get along (budgies tend to be the aggressors) it will solve the issue. If they don't, I'm not sure what to try next. I may leave her in the smaller cage - she might be better off with less space, yet more company.

The snake is also getting older and is having some issues. Don't know if they're related to old age or not. This time she's not shedding properly. I soaked her for an hour when we got home...and she shed half her skin. I will soak her again today and hope the rest comes off. In the meantime...she's not a happy camper...what a temper!

I also have a lame horse (with other issues)...but the vet's been out to see him...and he's eating...so I think there's not much we can do other than watch and wait it out...

I have a lot of senior pets at the moment...so I imagine we will be dealing with age related issues for a while...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    ah thats too bad. Hard to deal with senior issues when you have one pet, let alone a menangerie.
    Sheesh, you sound almost as bad as William with the amount of critters around, and you aren't exactly living in "paradise" like he is...yours all have to be indoors/sheltered in the winter!
    20gal long planted community

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I think William has us beat! But yes...ours need extra care in winter.

The horses stay outside year round though. They can handle the brutal cold provided they have enough food. It's when it's wet and cold out you have to watch (if they start shivering)...so those odd rain storms you can get during winter are the greatest worry.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    The budgie seems okay - took to the chaos of the family room without obvious signs of distress. So that's good, I shouldn't need to put her back in the backroom - which solves the loneliness issue. Next week I'll try and introduce her to the cockatiel and we'll see how that goes. If not, I think I can take the play top off the Pionus's cage, and set the little spare cage there. Not ideal, but it should work.

I soaked and peeled most of the skin off the snake...I'll try and feed her today...see how she does. Might need another good soak this weekend.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    I introduced the budge to the cockatiel cage yesterday. I rearranged the cage a bit to level the playing field...and then was prepared for chaos!

It was underwhelming. The budgie discovered the cockatiel seed mix immediately and had a pig-out - then 1/2 hour later they both groomed and had a nap.

We'll see how it goes...maybe this is just a honeymoon phase?

The snake is still not eating...but I did manage to get all the skin off her. Peeling it off her eyes was a trifle stressful...but she's okay.

0 Not allowed!
    Glad the Budgie made the transition well. Hope the rest of your friends can recover from their ailments. What kind of snake do you have? Also, do you still have 8 horses? What kind?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! The snake is a Vietnamese Blue Beauty.

And yes, we still have 8 horses: 2 Section A Welsh ponies, 1 Section B, 2 Welsh Cob X, 1 Oldenburg/Thoroughbred, 1 quarter horse and 1 Grade pony....

Most of these guys are getting older or are injured...and are basically just pets these days...

I am in the process of 'de-petting'. I need to get down to a number of critters that I can look after easily without needing any assistance.

That doesn't mean I'm getting rid of anyone...but just not replacing anyone either...

Er, except for cats (apparently)....lol...

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. Nice haul. So, which horse would you ride into battle when facing Russian bear mounts?

Are they rescues?

You know, I've noticed several people on here have horses and it really interests me. I'm surprised, because I've always felt that horses were outside the realm of possibility. I imagine you have a ton of land, but what are the real costs involved with keeping maybe just one horse (if you don't mind my asking)? I'd love to at least have one, someday, but I live in realville and expect the costs to be exuberant.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    LOL...I suppose I'd ride 'my' horse...he's the little quarter horse...I'm the most used to riding him. Although he is scared of llamas...that proves to be more of a problem than one would think.

None of the horses are rescues. We bred and showed horses when the kids were little. I sold off quite a few when our life-style changed (none of the kids had/have much interest anymore). And then we kept our main riding horses, and a few of the others (that were injured, too old, etc.).

I'm not sure what you'd have to pay to keep and board one horse. You'd have to call around and check in your neck of the woods - prices fluctuate immensely. Around here it used to be anywhere from $200 a month for pasture only (then you'd still pay for farrier and all health care on top of that)...to $500-600 which might include some stall/barn/arena use and might include regular basic care by the farrier.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well...we euthanized the snake last night. I probably let it go on too long...but I kept hoping she'd recover - or at least stabilize. She had a series of tumours that were just getting worse...she hadn't eaten for weeks...and was in a continual shed...

I actually think I'm going to miss her! We spent a lot of time together (in the same room I mean...not cuddling or anything like that).

The budgie seems to be doing well...and the cockatiel seems to be unfazed - so at least that odd couple is doing okay!